You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #1

Default half life

how many games are there in this series half life 1,2 & portal 1,2. what is half life 2 episode 1 & 2.
where can i get all these dvd or digital download
Old 07-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #2

You can easily get them from Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/469/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/

Or on a dvd from amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=orange+box&x=0&y=0
Old 07-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #3

Half Life 1
Half-Life Opposing Forces
Half-Life BlueShift
Half Life 2
Half-Life 2 Lost Coast
Half-Life 2 Episode One
Half-Life 2 Episode Two

(Episode 1 and 2 is pretty much Half-Life 3, 4, etc.)

Portal
Portal 2

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 AM   #4
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Half-Life 2 Episode One
Half-Life 2 Episode Two
(Episode 1 and 2 is pretty much Half-Life 3, 4, etc.)

Portal
Portal 2
Episode 1 & 2 I wouldn't realy classify as parts 3 & 4. Sequentially, yes but they aren't full length titles despite being canon.

Together they make maybe half the length of a retail title.

Portal Takes place in the same universe as half life with Aperture studios, the bunch behind the portal laboratories being a direct competitor to Black Mesa, the science team behind the story of the Half Life games.

Even if you could find any of the titles in bricks and mortar shops, you still have to connect to steam (valve's online service) to update etc to get them to run on newer operating systems. Valve regularly put the series on sale many times a year, just the other day actually...Might as well juts get them from steam.

If you have an old sierra boxed copy of half life, entering the serial into steam will let you download the latest version with most of the extra titles in the first half life series including half life, opposing force and blue shift.

Good thing too because the old sierra uninstaller will delete most of your windows 7/vista install just for kicks.

Half Life 2 episode 1&2 comes in the orange box set, along with half life 2 and teamfortress 2. You can buy them spearately on steam. On sale you can get the whole series for like $10.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:47 AM   #5

I have Half Life generations and the Orange Box which are basically everything Half Life 1 and 2. You would probably be better getting them on Steam though.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
Episode 1 & 2 I wouldn't realy classify as parts 3 & 4. Sequentially, yes but they aren't full length titles despite being canon.

Together they make maybe half the length of a retail title.
I don't know about you but length nowadays don't represent a FULL GAME. lol Episode 1 and 2 are long enough to be considered a full game....just not in your opinion.

BUT I'm not defining them as Length, i'm defining them as a direct continuation of the game series, not spinoffs and not traditional episodic games. Valve wanted to make them episodic, yet each game took so long to make, and gradually the game length in episode 2 was significantly longer than episode one. Episodes one to three were suppose to be included in the original half-life 2.

Also, you could find Half-Life: Source which is the first game ported to the source engine.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 07-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #7

Ahhhh Half Life
oh how I have missed you.
But I will wait patiently....
Old 07-12-2011, 03:01 AM   #8
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
If you have an old sierra boxed copy of half life, entering the serial into steam will let you download the latest version with most of the extra titles in the first half life series including half life, opposing force and blue shift.

Good thing too because the old sierra uninstaller will delete most of your windows 7/vista install just for kicks.
I have the original Sierra boxed copy and I never knew that... Does the latest version it installs include the updated textures, sound effects and character models?

I never usually use the game's uninstaller - I uninstall my games through Add/Remove Programs. But if that's what the uninstaller does I'll be staying away from it!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-12-2011, 04:08 AM   #9

thanks . do you have the games saves of call of chthluhu .

i cant shoot the witch on reef with the gun . nothing is visible
Old 07-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #10

thanks let me check on steem
Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 AM   #11
The Quiet One

^ I've sent you a message...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #12

Yeah, I just bought these when they went on sale on Steam. 5$ for Half-Life and Half-Life 2 together. I have never played them before so I thought I'd wait until the next sale to pick up episode 1 and 2. Since I know they will be on sale again at Christmas. I got Portal 2 for $25 so a pretty good deal. If anyone is looking for more friends on Steam message me with your info.