You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Mega Man Fans Rejoice!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2003, 06:28 AM   #1
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko
Default Mega Man Fans Rejoice!

We're getting a butt-load of Mega Man games in the near future. Newly-announced PS2-GameCube game Mega Man X: Command Mission (A Final Fantasy-style Mega Man game, apparently) reminded me of all the great games coming this year in the Mega Man series.

Mega Man X7(PS2)

All Screenshots

-- A cel-shaded platformer, it strays from the normal Mega Man convention though with full-3d scenes as well as the classic side-scrolling style. Also, there's auto-targeting. I'm remaining skeptical for this one.

Mega Man Battle Network 3(GBA)

All Screenshots

-- It's back. I loved the original, but what improvement can be made? Well, biggest new gameplay aspect is the Navi Customizer, where you arrange Tetris-like piece onto a memory map to upgrade your Megaman.exe, only some pieces don't go well with each other and therefore if put together they will cause a glitch or whatever that'll affect your Megaman.exe's performance in battle. For those unfamiliar with the series, it's basically and RPG, with a card-based battle system. Great fun to be had. I believe it's already out, even.

Mega Man: Network Transmission(GameCube)

All Screenshots

-- Battle Network meets Classic Mega Man, really. Cel-shaded graphics, and some card-based battling also. As you progress Mega Man gets upgraded Battle Network style, all the while battling robots classic Mega Man style. IMO, much more interesting than MMX7.

Also, more interestingly, two new Mega Man ventures are due for the Game Boy Advance soon:

Mega Man Zero 2, the sequel to the god-damn-it's-so-friggin-hard game centered around Zero, a robot that awakens in an even more distant future than the current Mega Man games are set in and helps fight a resistance against some robotic corporation.

Mega Man and Bass, previously only known as Rockman and Forte, is a port of the 1998 Japanese-only SNES game by the same name. This game had an interesting approach on the classic Mega Man games and had some great replayability what with the Duo-CD-collecting through-out the game.

Also, as noted in another thread, the classic Mega Man games, 1 through 8, are being re-released along with two previously unreleased in America games in one big-ass collector's pack.

So, if there's ever a time to toast for Mega Man, the time is now.

..source
Old 09-26-2003, 07:50 AM   #2
Adventure Gamer

I'm very excited about MegaMan X: Command Mission. I'm curious to see how Capcom will decide to do this, although I haven't been a big fan of Capcom's RPGs in the past, particularily BoF: Dragon Quarter, which ended up being a very short, simplistic RPG with a rigid time limit and poor localization. But we'll see more of it soon enough.

Megaman X7 looks interesting, too and it will be out next month here in the US. I stopped playing the X-series after X3, but X7 looked innoventive enough to catch my attention. I'll probably splurge for this one if it gets decent reviews.

--BPF
Old 09-26-2003, 08:01 AM   #3
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Personally I'm most hyped about Command Mission and Network Transmission. Mainly because they're both coming to the GameCube. I'd probably be more excited about X7 if I had a PS2, but I'm also pretty skeptical about the whole auto-targetting.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:29 AM   #4
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

I think this is all beacuse of the Blue Bomber's 15th birthday...
I prefer old school Mega Man, so Mega Man and Bass looks good to me...
Old 09-29-2003, 10:59 AM   #5
expert gamer from hell

Send a message via MSN to megaman x c.m.

hey bpfinsa!werent u at blinkys r us forums?and i CANT wait for this awesome megaman x command mission game to come out!and wut time in 2004 is this game coming?i hate