You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Alpha Protocol delayed.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #1

Default Alpha Protocol delayed.

Hey guys, it's Zack.

For all of the RPG fans, (myself included), who were all looking forward to Alpha Protocol, being released this month, I have some sad news for you:

I found out earlier today on Gamespot, that Alpha Protocol has been delayed, until June of next year. Here is the web site address for the news:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6232054.html

I have to say that I am not surprised that the game has been delayed to next year. The gameplay videos did look really cool, but at the same time, the game itself did not look polished at all. It was looking like an all-out action game instead of a semi-action, semi-Role-playing game, like Mass Effect for example.

Feel free to post your comments about this topic when you see the news article. I myself, am happy that Alpha Protocol is going to get some more development time, because I want it to be a great Spy game, instead of just a mediocre one.

Oh, and by the way, I can't wait to play Dragon Age on my X-Box 360 in November.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
Banned User

Yeah, this came as a real disappointment. Actually, I thought it was only the PC version that was delayed. Oh well. :/
Old 10-10-2009, 04:37 AM   #3
delusions of adequacy

I posted this in the gaming news and rumors sticky 4 days ago

Its a bit of a sad tale but I consoled myself by buying Dragon Age.

Alpha Protocol clearly needs a lot of polish and given its a whole new intellectual property it has to be the right move. There really has been a lack of advertising/hype around the title, at least as far as I was aware. It was a real shock to me to hear it was coming out this October.

I'm still looking forward to it, I haven't played a good spy game since Spycraft (I don't consider Splinter Cell spy games).

The 'Fanboy' in me fantasises that Sega will take the engine from AP and use it to finally make the conclusion to Shenmue...
Old 10-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #4

[QUOTE=Crunchy in milk;525964]

I posted this in the gaming news and rumors sticky 4 days ago

I know you did post this news, Crunchy. I only started the topic because I didn't know if everybody else hadn't learned about Alpha Protocol's delayed release, yet. Except you, of course.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:58 AM   #5

I am looking forward to making my own secret agent. But the games done when its done, i dont mind the wait, especially with other great titles on the way.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #6
Junior Mint

No surprise. It seems like they were rushing it.