You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I'm considering nameing my children after Bioware producers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2003, 06:58 AM   #21
Prove it all night

Send a message via MSN to James

diablo was a hack and slash, baldurs gate was an epic. the series had fantastic stories, and was entirely narrative driven to its betterment. id hardly refer to the d&d ruleset as butchery, they have years of balancing and tweaking behind them, and so are, I believe one of the best sets going.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." - Thomas Edward Lawrence
Old 10-12-2003, 07:41 AM   #22
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

D&D PC games should have the sound of rolling dice and the voice of a dungeon master with asma!
I might name one of my kids Godzilla Gamera de los Rodanes! Or Fenchurch or Random if its a girl!
Speaking of naming babies after characters/developers:
Old 10-12-2003, 08:54 AM   #23
BigRobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosferatu
Oh, I see what you are saying. My sentences read wrong. I wasn't saying the BG2 used 3rd edition rules. I was first asking him if he has ever played BG2, because he claimed it was a hack 'n slash. I was then addressing the supposed butchery of the D&D rules, by refering to NWN, with no relation to BG2.
Oh, I was going to "correct" you too.

Anyway, yes, I've played all of Bioware's "RPGs" up to this point -- KotOR will have been the last, hopefully.

As for rule butchery, I do feel that Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil, although technically 3.5e (not to mention a buggy mess), is far more authentic.

Old 10-12-2003, 01:13 PM   #24

Default Jade Empire Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishler
Has anyone watched the premiere trailer for Jade Empire? It's 3 minutes of bee-yootiful! Sure it's all cinematic and won't reflect the in-game graphics, but you still get a good idea of the atmosphere that the game will have. And the music! Oh, the music!

Bioware has the trailer in low- and high-quality formats for Windows Media, Quicktime and DivX/AVI, ranging from 11-42 MB. I highly recommend the high-quality version in the format of your choosing if you've got the bandwidth.
I agree, amishler. That was a beautiful trailer, and it looked to me like it was going to be the Introductory movie sequence to the game. The music was great too, very chinese-like. Speaking of Chinese, one of the characters in the screenshots looks almost like Lucy Liu, or Zhang Ziyi, the girl from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

By the way, is Bioware really a good company? I'm still not sure if I want to try other Role-playing Games (except Deus Ex: Invisible War), but maybe this game will be fun. That is, if it comes for the PC.