You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Legends of Zork Released

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Banned User

Default Legends of Zork Released

Its available to register and play at the following website. No this isn't a joke. Check out there announcement.

http://legendsofzork.com/

So far this is an awesome game.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
Banned User

To bad no one is interested in this. Its quite an awesome and beautiful browser rpg. Actually, one of my favorite.

Awesome humor, and good gameplay.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
To bad no one is interested in this. Its quite an awesome and beautiful browser rpg. Actually, one of my favorite.

Awesome humor, and good gameplay.
I started playing it today. It's pretty typical for browser based RPGs. At least what I've seen so far.

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path
Old 04-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #4

I have to say this is actually pretty boring. The art work is nice. The humor is well... typical of this sort of thing, but at level 8 I've seen less than 5 different monsters, and have played the same random encounter 20 times.

Personally I prefer The Kingdoms of Loathing, but I'll keep at this one to see where it goes.

My review of The Path
Old 04-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by therabidfrog View Post
I have to say this is actually pretty boring. The art work is nice. The humor is well... typical of this sort of thing, but at level 8 I've seen less than 5 different monsters, and have played the same random encounter 20 times.

Personally I prefer The Kingdoms of Loathing, but I'll keep at this one to see where it goes.
I disagree. Did you know you can leave the tutorial area and explore the rest of the map? I've seen about 25 different monsters with the addition of Mechanical Mazes and Secrets Dungeons.

Zork is about adventure and exploration and this simple browser game does a good job at it. Its something to do when you get home from work and not have to worry about it until the next day.

Not to mention the RPG elements, group quests, and the arena.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #6

Right now I'm staying in the starter area till I get to level 9 or so. I guess maybe it's the way I'm approaching it.

My review of The Path
Old 04-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
Banned User

Yeah, I did that until lvl 6 then moved to Port Froozle. Then at lvl 9 I went to Frostham.

I guess i'll settle down and say that you are right at saying that its almost like any other Browser game.

The biggest thing I like though is the production values, the visuals, the battle system, the inventory system, and the fact that the features are continually added.

Like most browser games, what you see is what you get for the whole game. In Legends of Zork, the game changes depending on your location, your status, and if there's a new feature and such.

It just feels a lot more homey.