You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Games you just keep coming back to

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 05:32 AM   #21
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
I reply GTA III but I never complete it. By the time I get far my computer gets wiped due to crashes and I lose it all and have to start all over again
Oh dude, i've lost the count of games that i never completed because of same reason... Gabriel knight I is one of them... Hehehehe...

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:11 AM   #22

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

The only series I could say that can be true to this for me is the Pokemon, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Super Smash Bros series.
I rarely get fed up with them.

With Pokemon it is all about discovering new pokemons or form new teams with different tactics. I get pretty obsessed with it and end up having pretty strong teams but the irony is that I don't know anyone to challenge so in the end it becomes a bit pointless putting so much detail to "training" your pokemons.

However with Advance Wars its about nailing the best rank and hardest difficulties. You can also create your own maps which I never use (however you can download other peoples best rated maps), have additional ingame maps to play, and obsessing over S ranks.

Fire Emblem is just pure stats and gameplay bliss. It is always fun to recruit new units and switch between common used party members. In the gba versions it was always orgasmic to hear the critical hit sound or just to get a critical hit. Didn't hurt having a buffed up General who no one inflicted damage upon . Also its fun to play the game on harder difficulties.

Super Smash Brothers, offer fun simple gameplay with tons of different play styles. The input commands might be overly simple to execute ,but not enough with that you also have traps on the levels to use for your enjoyment, or all kinds of random items to use for fighting. It doesn't get old either to collect all the trophies or unlocking everything that there is to unlock.

Those are the only games for me with such infinitive value. Unfortunate the Mario Bros games wore off even if I have played them a million times. Which has something to do with once you master the game too well its not that fun when there are hardly any challenge or suprises waiting for you (thats me though). These games I mentioned might not be games I play once a month but if I find the catridge lying around or cd I will probably be temped to play them again. Other honourable mentions might be the resident evil series for its great replay value. An example of this was during one easter spent in Sweden with a friend I cleared Resident Evil 2 twice during 24 hours? where you get the complete ending which was still fun to play. Actually I might have cleared the game 3 times that vacation as I wanted to see if I would get something for a fast playthrough (which I didn't).

Last edited by MikeLXXXVIII; 01-12-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #23

Send a message via MSN to bananasloth

I usually replay the MI series over and over again. But when I don't want adventure games, I often end up playing HoMM3, there are some campaings and maps I've finished off at least 5 times.