You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Max Payne 2: the what-ifs (spoilers)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2004, 02:25 PM   #1
merely human

Default Max Payne 2: the what-ifs (spoilers)

Opening sequence in the hospital. Mona guides Max via security camera prompts.

While waiting for my Internet installation kit to arrive at my new flat, I managed to finally finish the game. Excellent interweaving of story, action, and level design! Beautiful, stunning graphics and production design, and the physics is among the best I've seen. And after viewing the climax and the ending, I got to thinking:

What if
Spoiler:
Mona had survived and vanished again, like in the first game?

What if
Spoiler:
there were the possibility of her and Max getting together? Would he freak out because of what happened in his previous relationship, i.e. his wife getting murdered? Would he fight with this because he doesn't want to lose Mona?

What if
Spoiler:
Woden had been wearing a bullet proof vest under his dressing gown, allowing Vlad to think he had killed him? What if Woden had plans to eventually ruin Vlad later on and reclaim his power in the circle?

What if
Spoiler:
an expansion pack were made in which you played as Mona and the story is hers and you find out her background, how she became an assassin for hire?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-06-2004, 02:40 PM   #2
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Spoiler:
It is very possible that Woden survived. But one man survived Max 2, Jim Bravuva. So maybe the third game will feature Jim Bravura as a playable character

PS. Play the game through with the hardest difficulty
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:44 PM   #3
merely human

Ah, well I'd just played it for the first time in Detective level. Not sure if I'll be in the mood to play the whole thing again.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-06-2004, 03:00 PM   #4
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I took a little one or two week break before playing it the second time, but every time I played Max 2 I tried a different kind of style.

The first time I looked in every possible place in the game and watched every possible tv show&commercial.

There was a lot small stuff in the game that people normally don't see because they "run" through the game.

The second and third time I played in almost one session.
And those times I tried the fast method, and I wasn't bored at all, it was fun the whole time.

And while playing the third time I tried to use bullet time as little as possible, now that was a challenge for me.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.