You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General LSL: Box Office Bust Thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #1

Default LSL: Box Office Bust Thoughts

This game is coming out in a few days and I'd like to hear people's thoughts on it. I've checked out a few reviews, saw the trailer, and even read an intertview about it. From what I gather, this will be the first LSL that will feature NO NUDITY at all. Haven't seen any gameplay or demos as of yet, so I'm not sure on how this one will be played. The graphics are excellent and I'm sure the sound will be just as good. As for the storyline, I always thought the object was to get Larry laid or to at least get it on with the ultimate girl.

So let me know any predictions, possible pros/cons, or even to blam this game all together. Any info will be good. The main reason I plan on getting it is the same reason I bought Magnum Cum Laude even though it was a crappy game in it's own right. I wanted my collection to be complete.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/846/846052p1.html Interview

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30703.html?type= Trailer
Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
Psychonaut

Current Status
On July 29, Activision Blizzard announced that as part of a business consolidation strategy following the completion in July 2008 of a merger with Vivendi Games, a number of games under development, including Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust would not be published at this time.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:42 AM   #3

What??? That can't be right. According to Gamestop, the game should be in no later than 9/16/08. Link your source here, please.

http://www.sierra.com/publish/sierra/en/home/games/game_info.tab-infotab.prod-L2NvbnRlbnQvc2llcnJhL2VuL3Byb2R1Y3RzL2xlaXN1cmVfc3 VpdF9sYXJyeTM%3d.platform-360.html Vivendi Studios info

Last edited by Brimstone; 09-04-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
Psychonaut

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/actio...ml?sid=6195113
Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #5

Just checked w/ Gamestop and it got pushed back to 2/3/09. I was actually looking forward to it too.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:14 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

I love to give this game a try........can't wait for it.....
Old 11-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #7

It probably won't be released. Many titles, including this one, are being dropped with the takeover by Actvision.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:30 AM   #8

It will be a big shock for fans
Old 11-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #9
Psychonaut

both of them?
Old 11-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
both of them?
LOL
Old 02-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #11

Well haven't been on this thread in a long while and was wondering if anybody found out anything new. All the infor that I can find is either old or no longer exists. There is no Larry official website anymore and any links to Vivendi or Sierra all go to Activision's main page. I know Ghostbusters got picked up by another company but what about Larry?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Codemasters picked up Box Office Bust but they haven't announced their plans with it yet. It'll be out sometime this year but who knows when, we'll probably hear more on it in the next few weeks.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #13

Well according to CodeMasters it should (and I use that word loosely now) be out in April 2009. I hope I'm still around for it, and if so it'll be something to look forward to.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #14

Its out for XBOX 360 What about PC Version......?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #15

PC and 360 version is coming out April 1st in the states.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #16

Just tried the game for half an hour. If you thought Magma Cum Laude was bad, you'll probably kill yourself after playing this. I mean, sure, the last one didn't exactly do Al Lowe any justice, but this one is everything Al didn't want it to be, and then some. I actually feel ashamed to be a gamer when I play this.

First of all, the game doesn't imply anything. It's all straight in your face. Nothing of that subtle innuendo that the originals have. Second of all, it has enough swearing to make Grand Theft Auto envious.

In short, this game is absolutely disgusting, and my message to you who ends up buying it new just because it's Larry and want a complete collection: shame on you! You're only contributing to developers making games like these; horrible horrible cash-ins based on once loved franchises just to squeeze a few extra bucks from the old fans. At least, buy the game used, but please don't give these developers any money.

I feel like sending an "I'm Sorry For Trying Box Office Bust" and condolence card to Al Lowe, that's how bad it is.

And Larry! ARGH, I can't get his voice out of my head! Nothing loveable about him anymore, just an old, ugly, disgusting pervert with a fitting voice.

*shoots self*
Old 03-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
Just tried the game for half an hour. If you thought Magma Cum Laude was bad, you'll probably kill yourself after playing this. I mean, sure, the last one didn't exactly do Al Lowe any justice, but this one is everything Al didn't want it to be, and then some. I actually feel ashamed to be a gamer when I play this.

First of all, the game doesn't imply anything. It's all straight in your face. Nothing of that subtle innuendo that the originals have. Second of all, it has enough swearing to make Grand Theft Auto envious.

In short, this game is absolutely disgusting, and my message to you who ends up buying it new just because it's Larry and want a complete collection: shame on you! You're only contributing to developers making games like these; horrible horrible cash-ins based on once loved franchises just to squeeze a few extra bucks from the old fans. At least, buy the game used, but please don't give these developers any money.

I feel like sending an "I'm Sorry For Trying Box Office Bust" and condolence card to Al Lowe, that's how bad it is.

And Larry! ARGH, I can't get his voice out of my head! Nothing loveable about him anymore, just an old, ugly, disgusting pervert with a fitting voice.

*shoots self*
Sigh. Wasn't planning on playing this myself as your entire review was exactly how I envisioned the game as being. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #18

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

Ok ok ROFL. I got a friend to pass me a review copy. I"m going to play this thing. Let's see how it goes.

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path
Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #19

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

Who is this game for? Why is camera so bad? Maybe I can understand wanting to tone down the sexual content because they wanted to appeal to a more mainstream audience (which of course makes so sense since it filled with profanity and crude jokes), and it does feature a good cast, but with no titillation what's the point? And who wanted to play Larry as a platformer?

And woe be to he who tries to play this on PC without a controller.

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path
Old 04-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by therabidfrog View Post
Who is this game for? Why is camera so bad? Maybe I can understand wanting to tone down the sexual content because they wanted to appeal to a more mainstream audience (which of course makes so sense since it filled with profanity and crude jokes), and it does feature a good cast, but with no titillation what's the point? And who wanted to play Larry as a platformer?

And woe be to he who tries to play this on PC without a controller.
Uhm, they didn't exactly tone down the sexual content, did they? In fact, I felt it's quite the opposite, plus made it a lot more immature. If we compare it to music, The old LSL games were Frank Zappa, whereas this new one is one of Adam Sandler's ridiculously disgusting songs.