You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Gamespot Editor Fired Over Kane & Lynch Review?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #21

Alex Navarro leaves Gamespot
Old 03-08-2008, 03:23 AM   #22

Seems Gerstman and friends are back.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:05 AM   #23
fire breathing

I've stopped visiting Gamespot, period, now as a direct result of its recent policy to fire reviewers based on advertiser pressure.

I hope they lose business and I'm looking forward to what GiantBomb.com turns into.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #24
Super Moderator

I'm sure I don't need to say this, but I will anyway. There is absolutely zero actual proof that CNET, not GameSpot, fired Jeff because of advertiser pressure.

That line of discussion should be left in the past, bringing it up again serves no purpose. In any case, it is pretty much history anyway, now that giantbomb has begun.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #25
A Servicable Villain

I just wanted to say that my brother and I downloaded the Kane & Lynch demo on the PS3 this weekend and loved it despite its flawed aiming system and general feeling of bugginess. We played the thing four times in a row because we just couldn't get enough. The charm of the characters just really lifted it up; with the dialogue increasingly great the more times we heard it. So when I came home I bought the game second hand online. It's not worth the full price, but definitely the 20 Euros I paid for it. I have a feeling I'll really love playing this co-op.