You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 05:13 AM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus
Default The Ship

Looks very fun:

"The Ship is a unique multiplayer PC game developed by Outerlight Ltd., created using Valve's Source engine. Set on a series of luxury, art deco cruise ships built by Mr X, this devilish game challenges you to kill or be killed. Once you're on board you're given the name of another passenger whom you must find and secretly murder.Watch out for security unless you want to do some time in jail, take care of yourself and keep looking over your shoulder because somewhere out there is another hunter looking for you!"

The Ship
http://www.theshiponline.com

Old 05-21-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
Headbanger

One of my neighbours talked about it (about a year ago I believe). It sounded great but I later heard that it turned out to be a disappointment. I never tried it myself though. The idea sounds fun.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Vigilant

I play this game on and off and allow me to tell you, I was not dissapointed at all with the game. I definitly recommend it if it sounds like something you would like, you would probably like it when you play it. It reminds me the most of the board game Clue with a bit of Counterstrike added in for good action measure. The Ship always keeps me on my toes when I play and actually makes me use my brain much more than the average shooter.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentBlack View Post
The Ship always keeps me on my toes when I play and actually makes me use my brain much more than the average shooter.
But I think that the forum moderator didn't see this game as an action-adventure game. The message was moved from "Adventure" to "General".
Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
Vigilant

It's not really action adventure because there isn't really any "adventure" per se featured in the game. I believe it is a shooter but it happens to delve into some incredibly welcome innovations that can't be classified as anything specific or conventional. The game is only worth playing online and gamers shouldn't be bothered with the singleplayer because of a lack of intelligent and challenging AI players.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:50 AM   #6
Under pressure.

So, is this game actually being played in servers? I mean, by enough people to make it interesting?

--Erwin
Old 05-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #7
Vigilant

Yeah, there are generally enough people on a server or two to make it fun. Sometimes there is overcrowding that makes it extremely fun, but usually there is enough for a good sized 8-10 person game.