You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #1

Default Fable 2

on this thread its preaty simple if you want to talk about updates about Fable 2 talk about it here plz if u no something i dont no i would like u to tell me also just have fun talking about Fable 2!!
Old 05-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
merely human

Welcome to our community, Fable 2 guy.

Before I go on, I want you to know that each forum room has its own search function. It's located on the upper right hand side of the screen: Search this forum. Just click it and type in whatever you're looking for - Fable 2, for example. It'll then show you all instances where that term has been used, most likely including actual Fable 2 threads. It may save you the trouble of starting a new thread about a topic that's already being discussed.

Thus, I did so myself and here are the results:

GDC '07 - Fable 2 Impressions
New Fable 2 images
RPG Alignment

Anyway, so far no current press release or reportage on this game. I'm very excited about it myself, and can only regret ending up giving up hours and hours of my life each day playing it once it comes out.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 05-16-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
merely human

Lionhead Video Diary - Episode One (high def version) | Gametrailers

Watch it til the end, when they show some really beautiful panoramas and fly-throughs in the early 3D build.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
merely human

Before you jump to conclusions, view more new screenshots here.

Latest news about Fable 2. It will feature co-op play. You and another Fable 2 player can share a singleplayer romp for a while - go on dungeon crawls together, explore the wilderness, go into town and pick up girls or guys together, go back home and introduce your family to your gaming partner (if you choose to have a family), and help innocents or wreak havoc unto them. Oh, and your dog is with you, of course, so all three of you can battle all sorts of enemies. What's more, any loot and XP you get is yours to keep and import into YOUR own singleplayer campaign (they didn't mention Achievement points).

Another announced feature is tied to the game itself. Some weeks before the launch of Fable 2 an XBLA game will be released by Lionhead. It'll be gambling minigames and any and all money you win in this game will be carried over into Fable 2 once you get your copy and play it.

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 02-20-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:57 AM   #5
gin soaked boy

The game looks absolutely amazing and I wonder what kinds of scenarios will this new co-op feature open up.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 AM   #6
DAVE

Peter Molyneux alert! I know he's apologized for hyping his games too much, but now it seems gamespot his doing that for him. I'm not keeping my hopes up, but I do hope (not expect) it to be a good game.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:20 AM   #7
gin soaked boy

Well, of course, one can never be too careful when dealing with Peter Molyneux, but this time he's not hyping things in advance, everything or almost everything he's shown is already implemented in the game.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
merely human

I wonder how they'll handle pregnancy if you choose to play as a woman.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:20 AM   #9

Aside from the fact that the first post is clearly marketing spam, I too am excited about this game. The setting seems unremarkable, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the character interaction.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:52 AM   #10
DAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
I wonder how they'll handle pregnancy if you choose to play as a woman.
"You have leveled up your fetus:

Fetus gains: 1 str, 2 dex, 1 mana"
Old 02-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
Vigilant

That would be hilarious and suprisingly creative.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #12
merely human

New screenshots
Latest preview

Quote:
Similar to the original Fable, Fable 2 includes a variety of facial expressions that you can pull during fully interactive cut-scenes. The difference here is that these expressions will actually have an impact on the outcome of these cut-scenes, so if some sod asks you for assistance and you laugh in his face... well, that dude has his answer, doesn't he? But beyond the immediate product of such cruelty, there could be further consequences to your decision as evidenced in a quest delivered by the Sheriff of Bowerstone.

Ostensibly, the Sheriff wants you to run around collecting slips of paper bearing the warrants for wanted criminals. If you do it, Bowerstone will remain crime-free even years later, but if you dispose of the warrants (thus freeing the criminals of their wanted status) the Sheriff will lose his job and the Bowerstone-to-be will become a seething hive of scum and villainy.

These effects carry over to the online world through co-op play, and when a friend comes to visit your version of Bowerstone, they may find it shockingly different from the one that they inhabit in their own slice of reality.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:43 PM   #13
DAVE

It's nothing new, but an always welcome feature in a game. It doesn't always have to be a rollercoaster ride, fortunately. You should go and download Warren Spector's lectures on game designing from, I think, gamespot. Pretty interesting stuff on the matter of ingame decisions. What I'm surprised at is the graphics. I haven't been paying that much attention to games lately but damn, this is one big leap in graphics we've been seeing.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #14
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
It's nothing new...
For myself I'm looking for a game with good features, not necessarily something that has never been done before. I think that's how we gamers are sort of screwing ourselves. We tend to equate 'new' with good, when the reality is that that isn't necessarily so. But that's also a by-product of the industry, which exists on supplanting itself every single minute with new new new new! without actually giving itself the chance to refine what is currently out there. That in effect screws around with us, the gamers, and it conditions us and we expect many games coming out to do things we never saw before and we're expected to think it's like the second coming. It's a vicious cycle and I hate it. Peter Molyneux is only one of many who contributes to this whether he's aware of it or not.

Just a thought.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:03 PM   #15
DAVE

Yes and no. It's not that I don't like games that didn't exactly innovate. Hell, I've been playing the Warcraft series again lately and it still kicks ass, even though it didn't bring anything new in relation to what was being done in the gaming world. I agree that you should focus on the good features, and decision making in a game to me is a big one. I like RPGs because of it. Every little bit of empowerment we get equates in more fun, and I like that.

Yeah I guess I was a bit of a douchebag by going all snobby on that one for no reason. Ok.

NOW, against "nothing new" I have that as a human being I've grown up to expect things. I've gotten more in touch with art, in it's entertaining form and the not so fun one, and I've come to expect more and more every time I delve upon something new. I guess it's hard to apply that to a game, but I still kind of expect newer things each time. I'd still rather see a solid game with no bugs and good, well applied concepts, but that's very rare.

I have to admit though, the real reason I've been being an ass about this is because my old puter will never run these
Old 05-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #16
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
Yeah I guess I was a bit of a douchebag by going all snobby on that one for no reason. Ok.
Oh no, not at all! It's just that, we as gamers should keep ourselves in check about these. I just hate with all of us - developers, publishers, media, and gamers - collectively perpetuate the idea that new is always better. It's not always better, really. Sometimes it is but not all the time. Sometimes better means having the time to improve existing game design. Sometimes it's even throwing out what doesn't work anymore and starting from scratch.

Quote:
I'd still rather see a solid game with no bugs and good, well applied concepts, but that's very rare.
That's what I mean by improving what we already have out there. I'd love to see more of that.

Quote:
I have to admit though, the real reason I've been being an ass about this is because my old puter will never run these
I stopped worrying about that over two years ago when I put my foot down and decided to just invest in a next gen console and HDTV. It was at the expense of PC gaming, but hey, I'm poor so I had no choice. I'd rather just pop in a game in my X360 than constantly have to worry all the time whether my PC is current enough to run it. Do I miss PC gaming? F*** NO! LOL!