You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Who are you goning to call...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
Psychonaut

Default Who are you goning to call...

GHOSTBUSTERS

on the 360.

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=34723

It's only a tech demo and I don't think they have the rights to the game, but who knows.

Not sure if it would work without the comedy aspect and just make it a shooter though..
Old 01-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
gin soaked boy

It could be a shooter and still keep the comedy aspects (NOLF, anyone?). Besides, it doesn't look like you'll be exactly shooting things in this game.

Yes, they don't have the rights yes, but they're in the middle of negotiations. If they fall through, the team still plans on making a similar game, only without the Ghostbusters licence.

EDIT: Here's that other game, TimeO.

Last edited by insane_cobra; 01-16-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
merely human

'goning'?

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
The Major Grubert.

Gosh, I sure am glad they didn't hurry or anything. It's only been TWENTY TWO YEARS since the film.

Not a Speck of Crossing the Streams.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
'goning'?

I suspect he started to write gonna and finished writing it as going. I can fix it if you'd like.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
merely human

Nah, ne'er you mind. It's charming.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-17-2007, 12:47 AM   #7
capsized.

If this ever gets to be made, I SO hope the guys in charge won't look at their charts and decide to make another one of these PEE AND SEE aadventure games or something. Activision's 8bit game to the original movie is sort of like an evergreen, despite its repetitiveness. It really offered the full Ghostbusters experience: Equip your own Ecto-1 (how 'bout that cheap VW Käfer? ) with all kinds of equiment, from ghost traps to vacuum, er ghost cleaners, and earn some money on the filthy streets of NY, yo! The only thing missing was Sigourney Weaver, half-nude, moaning... five feet above ground, er mattress level.

Ah, how cool and creative gaming's minds used to be in the beginning...
Old 01-17-2007, 02:31 AM   #8
gin soaked boy

I could never figure out that game, all I'd ever do was drive down the highway vacuuming ghosts.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:58 AM   #9

The game is on hold.

Looks promising though.
If they should get the chance the complete the project I just hope that they include the "traps" to capture the ghosts as well and use the original Proton Pack design.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:18 AM   #10
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
I could never figure out that game, all I'd ever do was drive down the highway vacuuming ghosts.
Wild guess: Maybe something went wrong with the movie's translation into Croatian?

Quote:
Don't cross the streams!!!!1

edit: LMAO. Note: This is so NOT it. Activision's Ghostbusters, I mean. Anyhoo...

Last edited by samIamsad; 01-17-2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:35 AM   #11
gin soaked boy

Oh, that.
Yeah, I've forgotten about that segment. I meant to say I didn't know what my goal was on the city map. That chest and the key - what was that all about?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:43 AM   #12
capsized.

Does that ring a bell? (Hot damn, Sigourney's real voice is... phew!) Once both, that "key" and the "gate" unite, it's Marshmallow Man time.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:07 AM   #13
gin soaked boy

But I didn't know what to do with them! Or what to do to stop the Marshmallow Man from appearing and tearing apart the whole city. I just couldn't figure out what my overall goals were. Granted, I was maybe 10.

I think I'll go play it tonight.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #14
Hopeful skeptic

Wow, that trailer managed to intrigue me greatly and bore me silly all before it was finished.

Luigi's Mansion more or less did the Ghostbusters shtick, and while fun, it got old in a hurry.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:34 PM   #15
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Wow, that trailer managed to intrigue me greatly and bore me silly all before it was finished.

Luigi's Mansion more or less did the Ghostbusters shtick, and while fun, it got old in a hurry.

Ditto.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #16
Schättenjager

Any one played the old one?

I dont think cant get any better than Scarface or Gf like movie adaptations.They simply too late for a new century.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #17

The rumor going around is that this is either being made with the Gears of War engine (which would be strange, since that uses the Unreal 3 engine), or is a fake. Either way, it's very clearly Gears of War with a paintjob.

A) The crosshair is the same.
B) The "zoom" is the same.
C) The roadie camera is used.
D) The Ghostbusters car has identical physics to the Junker.
E) Said car is merely a paintjob on the burnt out cars in Gears. It's even missing the doors in the same manner.
F) There is, of all things, a Locust in the top-right of the concept art.

I want a Ghostbusters game so bad, it isn't even funny... But as no developer has yet been named in this "project," I'm suspicious at best.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #18
gin soaked boy

I guess you've been living under a rock for, uh, the last two days?
The developer is ZootFly and yes, this is just a proof of concept video. BUT. If they get the rights to the Ghostbusters licence, they will make the game (if not, they'll make it anyway, they just won't use the Ghostbusters licence). Check out that link I posted at the top of the page.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #19

Wow, I'm blind indeed.

Still, very curious about the engine they're using. And why on Earth did they toss a Locust into their concept art?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:06 PM   #20
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
But I didn't know what to do with them! Or what to do to stop the Marshmallow Man from appearing and tearing apart the whole city. I just couldn't figure out what my overall goals were. Granted, I was maybe 10.

I think I'll go play it tonight.

Well, actually I never finished it, either. BUT there is equipment that lets you stop the stay-pufted little fella. Here's to you, a cool article on the original game and the man behind it, and *ta-da!* a faithful 12 megabytes remake of a faithful 30 or so kilobytes 80s movie adaption if I ever saw one. They made some changes to the gameplay, most notably the car driving. In case of emergency, consult the readme file.

Last edited by samIamsad; 01-17-2007 at 09:14 PM. Reason: You've just been slimed!