You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Questions about old game prices / ebay?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig
Default Questions about old game prices / ebay?

I've started to sell some of my games, but I don't exactly know how to price them, this one guy wants to buy my Ultima VII: Serpent Isle game with all the extras and the box etc. in very good condition.

How much should I ask for it?

I do have many other games that I have no idea how to price them.

I'd really appreciate all the help you can give me.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 09-05-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Master of time and space

If they're in good condition with all extras and the box and everything I'd say that you could get around €100 for it if you find the right market.
At least get €50 for it. Problem is finding a buyer. But as I see it, old "good" games are worth at least what they costed at the time of when they were new.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:25 AM   #3
Evil Webmaster

Hey Kolzing, anything interesting to offer?
Anyway, take a good look around eBay to know the general prices of old games. Of course keep in mind that if a game is nowhere to be found, it doesn't mean it will catch high prices. Maybe yes, maybe not.
So there you go
Old 09-11-2006, 02:37 AM   #4
The Reggienator

Hey, could some mod add to this thread title that this is questions about ebay too. I'd like to know about ebay policies and such if I put stuff there, do I have to pay them something etc.?

I got Ultima VII and Serpent Isle sold, for a fairly good price, I'm not going to say what it was but let me just say that I'm very, very satisfied.

Well, now that you asked MDMaster, I've got all sorts of stuff that I'm supposed to sell as soon as I just can make lazy myself to work on some sale texts etc.

For example:

Syberia I&II, Runaway, Fahrenheit, X-wing vs. Tie Fighter and the add on campaign Balance of Power, King's Quest 1 VGA, Quest for Glory II, Rebel Assault, Rebel Assault II, Terra Nova, Blue Force, Flight Unlimited II, Beneath a Steel Sky, Alone in the Dark...

and about 50 other games, all in their original boxes, and mostly everything is in mint condition or near mint.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 09-11-2006 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:55 AM   #5
Evil Webmaster

If you want, you can work up a list and send it to me via PM, I'm definitely interested in old games, I've been wanting to get my hands on a Beneath a steel sky! (although it doesn't catch that high prices on eBay, I always forget about it) Let me know

So, yes, you would have to pay eBay a fee based on your auction and the prices they get. Also, there's the slight problem of feedbacks and payment; most eBayers would want to pay you with paypal, at least if they're not from your country, and that would add more fees. Also, having zero feedback is a bit of a problem when selling things at high prices, I usually tend to avoid unexperienced eBay sellers, but maybe not everyone acts that way.
So there you go
Old 09-11-2006, 04:03 AM   #6
The Reggienator

Well zero feedback isn't a problem with me, I've got almost 100 positive feedbacks and 0 negative ones on my record.
(though, everything is from buying stuff)

I'll have to think about that list thing.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:51 AM   #7
Evil Webmaster

Ah sorry, thought you didn't have a eBay id. Then you should be ok, nobody minds about 'buyer' feedbacks, at least I don't
Let me know about the list, I'm definitely interested and we could work out a fair deal, never bought anything from Finland hehe.
So there you go
Old 09-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #8
The Reggienator

I put the list to my sig.

It contains PC, Dreamcast and Saturn games, I do have several other PC games that are going to be sold, but I need to at least try them before I sell them...

Old 09-17-2006, 12:41 PM   #9

Don't sell yourself short on Beavis and Butthead Virtual Stupidity; that one seems to have gotten scarce. Here's a listing on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beavis-and-Butth...QQcmdZViewItem

Whether or not anyone will actually PAY that for it is an open question, of course, but I would definitely price this one higher than some of the others on your list.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #10
FlipFrame

My god, you can make a killing on mint-in-box games...but why are you selling?! As a collector myself, seeing you sell this makes me sad for you, at the same time happy for collectors like me.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
The Reggienator

I'm selling them and lots of other stuff, because I'm bored with games.
I don't play games that much anymore and I don't want to own this much stuff, I just realized that during the summer.

Mostly the only stuff I still value really highly is the LucasArts adventures before EfMI, some various Sierra games and some other classics (AitD, Doom 2, Quake...)

Also, because I'm searching for a new apartment and I don't want to take all this stuff with me.

I should just propably put all this stuff in ebay, but I'm lazy.

Last edited by Kolzig; 09-17-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:10 PM   #12
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'd guess that you'll make a fair amount on X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, the Darkseed games and Return to Krondor. Or you could send them all to me for free. Because you know how good a friend I've been to you, right?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:53 AM   #13
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

I'm interested in a bunch of stuff from your list Kolzig, so let me know when you're putting them on ebay.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:57 AM   #14
I've come for the fork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I'd guess that you'll make a fair amount on X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, the Darkseed games and Return to Krondor. Or you could send them all to me for free. Because you know how good a friend I've been to you, right?
Actually X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter isn't all that rare, seeing as you can still purchase it new from cdaccess. http://www.cdaccess.com/html/quick/xvstiepr.htm
Old 09-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #15
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

It's fairly expensive to get hold of in the UK. Trust me on that.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:07 PM   #16
I've come for the fork!

Oh I believe you. I was just pointing out that it's available, at least in the US, for a decent price. (For how long remains to be seen.)
Old 09-18-2006, 02:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
It's fairly expensive to get hold of in the UK. Trust me on that.
Then the logical thing to do would be to buy copies of it where it's cheaper and sell them in the UK. Are there any duties/taxes on that, maybe there are some ways to avoid them, like maybe shipping it from canada?

Last edited by undeaf; 09-18-2006 at 02:19 PM.