You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I did it... I got myself a sexy black DS lite!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 04:45 AM   #1
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva
Default DS Connectivity help needed. (former me gots a sexy black one, thread)

Howdy ya'll,

I've decided to take the plunge and spend £100 (200$) on a black DS lite, I have no idea why things are always so expensive in Europe, very annoying.

I also got the one DS game I've been wanting very badly, that would be the new Super Mario Brothers. I've been very hyped about that game and ordered it with my sexy black DS lite.

It will probably arrive this Monday and I'm super hyped up right now. The next game on my list will probably be Metroid, Kirby or Animal Crossing... But for now, I'm broke.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives

Last edited by Dasilva; 07-03-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:26 AM   #2
Has a jaw of sweet teeth

Nice man.

and im still stuck with my "old" unsexy ds!
bought it just before i knew they gonna make the Lite... sigh

BTW: "Advanced Wars" is also a great deal, very addicting!
Old 07-01-2006, 05:42 AM   #3
kamikaze hummingbirds

Err... youre BlackNintendoDSophiles or something!
this is going to the RUMOURS thread.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:23 AM   #4
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Nice!
Way to go Dasilva!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #5
Hitch-Hiker

Okay I got it, but how does one download stuff from the internet? I heard I could download a Metroid Prime demo?

I have an active broadband account & a wireless access point my wireless router.

So how do I make it all work? Thanks in advance.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 07-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #6
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Okay I got it, but how does one download stuff from the internet? I heard I could download a Metroid Prime demo?
I didn't even know it was possible. Anyway, here is the tutorial. This service only available in the USA and Canada, though. It looks like there is another option, but you will need someone with a DS who already has this game.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
Hitch-Hiker

Damn it! Why don't we get DS stations?

_

Old 07-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #8
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

There are supposed to be around 300 DS download stations in the UK, but currently no way of finding out where...

I got myself a DS Lite last week - a white one to match my iPod ;P - and I should get a wireless access point delivered sometime this week. Let me know if you do end up with Animal Crossing and I'll plunder your town of its natural resources!

Edit - hah, check out the extremely sparse-looking list of download station locations someone has compiled. I may be going to Chester tomorrow, but am I brave enough to take my DS with me to the top floor of Virgin?

No, no I'm not.

Last edited by Huz; 07-03-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:13 AM   #9
Chris Barraclough

Have you got any other games Huz? Me and Karmillo had a Mario Kart session a while back, that was pretty good. So far I think that and Meteos are the only games I've got that can be played wirelessly.

How's Super Mario Bros Dasilva? I'm really tempted but kinda broke at the moment with moving flat. Oh, and I've got Kirby, it's an excellent game if you're thinking of buying it.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 07-04-2006, 01:48 AM   #10
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

I should be getting Mario Kart in a week or two. I've ordered it from Amazon because it's cheap there (£17.99), but I suspect everyone else has done the same because there seems to be a bit of a backlog.

I got Phoenix Wright yesterday, incidentally - I recommend it so far!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:53 AM   #11
Chris Barraclough

Nice one, a Mario Kart tournament has to be done then Where did you get Phoenix Wright from? The cheapest I've seen it is £25 on Gameplay.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 07-04-2006, 02:06 AM   #12
Hitch-Hiker

So to enable me to play someone online I need this thing?

_

Old 07-04-2006, 05:48 AM   #13
Chris Barraclough

If you have the Internet on your PC but no wireless network then yeah, I think you need one of those to transmit to your DS. Then we can all blow the shit out of each other at metroid or whatever My flatmate set up a wireless network in our flat so I just connect directly to that.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:27 AM   #14
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
If you have the Internet on your PC but no wireless network then yeah, I think you need one of those to transmit to your DS. Then we can all blow the shit out of each other at metroid or whatever My flatmate set up a wireless network in our flat so I just connect directly to that.
I have a wireless network though. So how do I connect to the net and play against people?

_

Old 07-04-2006, 06:39 AM   #15
In an evening of July...

Well, I obviously do not own a DS, but from what I've read you need to have a non-secured or WEP-secured WiFi network (WPA won't work). You should be able to get to the WLAN managment in the DS menu and set up up to three WiFi hotspots (by entering the SSID and WEP-key I assume). After that it should be possible to connect to the internet inside the game itself.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:52 AM   #16
Chris Barraclough

Yep, what that dude said. It's pretty simple, you just go to the 'wireless play' menu in the game, and follow the instructions. I think it automatically detects any wireless networks for you. Once it's set up you're all ready to play the game online, only takes 5 mins or so. And yes, it saves up to three wireless networks.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:55 AM   #17
Hitch-Hiker

I probably need to get Animal crossing or Metroid.

_

Old 07-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #18
Chris Barraclough

I need to get them myself. And Mario Bros. And Phoenix Wright. And about 10 other games too. Thank feck it's my birthday in a couple of weeks!

Old 07-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #19
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fajerkaos
Nice man.

and im still stuck with my "old" unsexy ds!
bought it just before i knew they gonna make the Lite... sigh

BTW: "Advanced Wars" is also a great deal, very addicting!
it's not old, and it's very sexy.

i have no idea why people have a problem with it, even though the new ones look great and neat the original is still great the way it is.

oh, and congrats Dasilva

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 07-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #20
Hitch-Hiker

Scrugates, you live in West Sussex?! I never noticed you lived there. I live in West Sussex too. Horsham.

on topic bits: The old DS is good looking the only REAL problem was the not-so-bright screens.

_