You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Assassin's Creed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 04:34 AM   #81
is not wierd

It's only awful because you know it's true and you can't help it.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:54 AM   #82
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
White Knight Story
Gran Turismo HD at launch
Oblivion at launch
Final Fantasy XII coming out just a few days earlier than PS3
Motorstorm (at launch)
Heavenly Sword
Devil May Cry 4
Virtua Fighter 5

I say they'll manage just fine.
Gran Turismo HD is nothing like nextgen games should look like.

Oblivion at launch Who wants to get a PS3 for Oblion thats just as amazing on the 360 thats cheaper?

Final Fantasy XII is a PS2 game.

Motorstorm a yes the game with the fake trailers, now that we know what ir really looks like its just a dissapoitment.

Heavenly Sword Won't be available during launch.

Devil May Cry 4 Won't be available during launch.

Virtua Fighter 5 Dead or Alive all over again, Virtual Fighter will probably be the same thing as VF1-4.

Thats just my opinion on things anyway.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 09-30-2006, 08:26 AM   #83

I guess you haven't seen the latest GTHD screens then?
Oblivion will be popular for those who wants a PS3 instead of a X360.
Final Fantasy XII is a PS2 game, but the PS3 is backwards compatible unlike the X360 and for people who don't have a PS2 will maybe pick up a PS3 instead.
Games that won't be available for launch doesn't really matter, it will be out sooner or later.

Motorstorm have lots of gameplay vids out already, and they all look great, and from the track record of the company, it will be. It's from the same guys who did the WRC games, and I know a lot of people are looking forward to this. Me included.

VF have never been anything like Dead or Alive, so I don't see how you can use that excuse. Virtua Fighter 3 and 4 were two very different games. Besides, Virtua Fighter is a lot more popular than Dead or Alive, and that's without bouncing boobs.

But if you only talk launch-day releases, it's no worse than the Xbox 360 launch.

PS! I own an Xbox 360, and I'm getting a PS3 too. Not sure when, but I will be getting it. I didn't the 360 at launch because there were no games that interested me at that moment. Didn't stop me from getting one later, when the games started coming out. I don't know wether I'll buy a PS3 on launch or not, but then I have a few months to decide.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #84
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
Anyone that finds Assassin's Creed more visually stunning than a gorgeous girl (pardon me, Trep, jat, and Das) needs to put the video game down for a while and step outside. This goes beyond Assassin's Creed and Jade Raymond; it's a universal truth.
truer words were never spoken, except for when i said that truer words had never been spoken just now.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #85
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
I guess you haven't seen the latest GTHD screens then?
Oblivion will be popular for those who wants a PS3 instead of a X360.
Final Fantasy XII is a PS2 game, but the PS3 is backwards compatible unlike the X360 and for people who don't have a PS2 will maybe pick up a PS3 instead.
Games that won't be available for launch doesn't really matter, it will be out sooner or later.

Motorstorm have lots of gameplay vids out already, and they all look great, and from the track record of the company, it will be. It's from the same guys who did the WRC games, and I know a lot of people are looking forward to this. Me included.

VF have never been anything like Dead or Alive, so I don't see how you can use that excuse. Virtua Fighter 3 and 4 were two very different games. Besides, Virtua Fighter is a lot more popular than Dead or Alive, and that's without bouncing boobs.

But if you only talk launch-day releases, it's no worse than the Xbox 360 launch.

PS! I own an Xbox 360, and I'm getting a PS3 too. Not sure when, but I will be getting it. I didn't the 360 at launch because there were no games that interested me at that moment. Didn't stop me from getting one later, when the games started coming out. I don't know wether I'll buy a PS3 on launch or not, but then I have a few months to decide.
Im not hating on the PS3, I think it will be one of the most powerful consoles ever made in gamming history, I have a 360 and plan to get a wii on launch simply because of price, I got the Xbox 360 3 months after its release.

But a PS3 as great as it will be is just too expensive its simply down to that, no amount of polys in a game can make me want to pay so much money for a console with a handful of ok looking games.

Thats why on the launch of the PS3 I'll probably get myself a PS2 since the price would of dropped by then hopefully, and get all those wonderful RPGs I've wanted to play for so long.

Once the PS3 is the price of the 360 then I might consider it, but even then I only have one TV and hardly anyroom for a monster of the PS3, the wii is tiny so it won't be a problem.

Blu-ray will decide wether the PS3 will win, if blue ray fails the PS3 fails.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 09-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #86
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
truer words were never spoken, except for when i said that truer words had never been spoken just now.
::head explodes::
Old 09-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #87
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
::head explodes::
which one?
Old 09-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #88
merely human

Assassin's Creed Developer Diary | part 1 | 29 september 06

Presented by producer Jade Raymond, this brief movie offers insight into the narrative of the game and shows its real world historical inspiration (including the cities of Jerusalem and Damascus), references for in-game locales (faithfully reproduced digitally in the game), and an intriguing glimpse into the life of an assassin at the time of The Crusades (the year 1191). The term 'assassin' originated from the clan of Hashshashin, a secret mystic society that terrorized the leaders of the Sunni dynasties (the Abbasid) at the time with politically movitated assassinations.

Looks like this game's story and world will rely on meticulous historical research. An historian was consulted for this project. The nine important men you (as Altair) must take out actually existed then.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #89
is not wierd

I wonder how much there'll be to do in the game. Like, I wonder if it's just the assassinations and the game's poverbial flesh comes from the myriad options available to you....or if there'll be other things to do as well. At the very least I suppose you can explore the locales while on assignment.

Also, I wonder if it'll be separate little "worlds" or a somewhat seamless one and you travel between major areas in some way.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:31 PM   #90
merely human

There will be a bunch of sidequests (optional, I gather). Part of your strategy will be to do deeds for certain factions, and in return they could help you out during tight moments while you're trying to get to your main target or scored a hit and are trying to escape.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #91
Homer of Kittens

All I want to play is Jade Reymond. In an interview, she said that she was a programmer before she became a producer. I am wondering, how come all the programmer girls I work with aren't that cute?

Firefox rules
Old 10-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #92
merely human

When does this game come out again?

I've decided I must read up on the history, the time period during with the story takes place. Back then was no different from today at all. There were intense, violent, and deadly clashes between established religions. The Hashshashin were no different from today's terrorists or government agents. They, too, hid in plain sight, and struck with great timing and precision. What I'd love to to find out is the atmosphere of that time, in those cities, the states of mind, the political climate and what it meant to people, from average citizens to the ruling class, and how it all interwined.

Will have to find a definitive book about it all. Hopefully I'll have read at least a good deal about it when the game launches, and my experience playing it will be that much more awesome.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #93
is not wierd

I'd recommend seeing Kingdom of Heaven (the Director's Cut of course).
Old 10-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #94
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
All I want to play is Jade Reymond. In an interview, she said that she was a programmer before she became a producer. I am wondering, how come all the programmer girls I work with aren't that cute?
i know what you mean
Old 10-06-2006, 04:32 AM   #95

It was said that they were drugged, often with materials such as hashish (although some suggest opium and wine instead, despite all three drugs being condemned by Islamic religious authorities and interpretations of the time) then spirited away to a garden stocked with attractive and compliant women and fountains of wine. At this time, they were awakened and it was explained to them that such was their reward for the deed, convincing them that their leader, Hassan-i-Sabah, could open the gates to Paradise. The name assassin is derived from either hasishin for the supposed influence of their attacks and disregard for their own lives in the process, or hassansin for their leader

can't really blame em
Old 10-06-2006, 10:54 AM   #96
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk420 View Post
It was said that they were drugged, often with materials such as hashish (although some suggest opium and wine instead, despite all three drugs being condemned by Islamic religious authorities and interpretations of the time) then spirited away to a garden stocked with attractive and compliant women and fountains of wine. At this time, they were awakened and it was explained to them that such was their reward for the deed, convincing them that their leader, Hassan-i-Sabah, could open the gates to Paradise. The name assassin is derived from either hasishin for the supposed influence of their attacks and disregard for their own lives in the process, or hassansin for their leader
Hey, now that you mention it, I believe there was a similar reference to them in Umberto Eco's "Baundolino", at the part where the travelers ended up as prisoner's on a gloomy tower deep in middle-Asia. It's been some time since I read it and everything is quite blurry, but I seem to remember the brainwashed and heavily sedated assasins of the evil chieftain, wandering the halls of the tower like miserable, drug-addicted wrecks.

Then again, there wasn't really anything that didn't get even a subtle refference in that wickedly marvelous book .

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora
Old 12-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #97
merely human

I picked up Bernard Lewis's The Assassins: A Radical Sect in Islam as research for this game. His writing style's not too bad but on the dry side and extremely dense with information - a little too much so. I kind wish it were more like William Manchester's A World Lit Only by Fire: The Medieval Mind and the Renaissance - Portrait of an Age, where it reads more like a deep, epic story and you're gripped and the richness of the historical facts permeates you instead of intimidating you with its weight. But Lewis is, after all, a scholar, and I'll have to put up with that.

Anyway, it's a good book, and ultimately just shows the common denominator of how great societies behave - and how they never behave. So lots of little stories on how frissons develop from the disagreements between religious groups over who, for example, was the rightful spiritual heir of Mohammed, who should rule them all, and the very violent and bloody clashes that resulted. The Hashshashin as a sect were birthed in the midst of it all, evolving to what it is today.

Seriously looking forward to experiencing Assassin's Creed.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #98

The Holiday Issue of PC Gamer has a really cool color-paged preview of Assassins' Creed. It looks unlike any stealth game I have ever seen (that is, if it really is focused on Stealth). What was really interesting was where it said you are able to blend in with the crowd that is moving around the game's city, and you will blow your cover if you start being aggressive like pushing people out of the way for example.

Overall, I have to say that I am really intrigued about this game, and that's because I find Stealth games a really exciting computer game genre.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:12 AM   #99
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
It looks unlike any stealth game I have ever seen (that is, if it really is focused on Stealth).
Supposedly you can play Assassin's Creed how you like. You can be stealthy and take your time and use precision, or you can batter away to the target and then just run out. I think the idea is to be stealthy though.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #100
Citizen of Bizarro World

I like how stealth is handled in this game: Hide using your actions, rather than shadows. For example, you could pretend to be a monk to fit in with the crowd.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem