You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 09:29 AM   #1
kamikaze hummingbirds

Default Hitman?

As many of you know, I am quite a fan of the Thief games and to a lesser extent, the stealth in Broken Sword 3, so I'm asking whether the Hitman games are any good since I may consider buying either Hitman 2 or Hitman: Contracts for the PS2.
So, are they any good?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:41 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to kuddles

I enjoyed them, and the interesting thing about them is that there are several different avenues you can take on each mission, allowing for a lot of replay value. However, you get a better rating, and sometimes new weapons or extras, if you go in and out without being spotted or killing anyone but your main target. You might want to download one of the demos to see if you can handle the "feel" of it.

The other thing you need to consider is that it uses a limited save system. That might be a clincher for you.

Have you considered the Splinter Cell games? They're pretty decent, although there are the occasional parts that come off a little more "action-y"
Old 04-20-2006, 10:42 AM   #3

I'd buy them for PC (unless your system can't take it) These games are awesome, every one of them (though many will tell you part 3 was slightly less - I don't agree, I enjoyed it just as much as the previous two). They're totally different from Splinter Cell in a lot of ways though, perhaps you should give a demo of one of the Hitman games a try to see if it's your cup of tea (as kuddles said).
Old 04-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
Lazy adventurer

Send a message via Yahoo to wicked

I think Hitman 2 is better than Contracts. I've played the first Splinter Cell game and i can say the games are 2 different steath types. But Hitman has it's nice parts and i enjoyed them. I'm not a fan of stealth games, but if you are Hitman definately is worth your time/money.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

One word of warning. I found the original Hitman insanely difficult. I still haven't completed the first level, in fact .

Maybe I just suck. Either way, the other games in the series seem much fairer .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
One word of warning. I found the original Hitman insanely difficult. I still haven't completed the first level, in fact .

It's hard (like the rest of the game) but not *that* hard Are you sure you looked at all the possibilities?
Old 04-20-2006, 02:51 PM   #7
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

I havent played the first but the second one is way better than the third....althought the third is good aswell

The second one has an actual story, and a safe zone where you go to between each mission, kinda like theif 3

In the third each mission is a memory, so theres no link between them...each one is spurred by 47 seeing something that reminds him of them through cutscenes.

also the Ballers in the second one are more powerfull than the third, you can juggle guys with them
Old 04-20-2006, 11:31 PM   #8
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey

yeah, my dad borrowed hitman 1 from his friend and we both found it too difficult.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:15 AM   #9
Thats the ticket

One of the reasons I got hooked on Hitman was to get the Silent Assasin rating. This made the game really challenging but difficult and a real excursion in trial and error. Definitely not a game for those with minimal patience. However its very rewarding and I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #10

Hitman games are quite good. I have both Silent Assassin and Contracts -- both are quite replayable, since most missions can be finished in many ways.

I will warn you about Contracts -- I finished the game in 5 hours, easily.

Anyways, I am looknig forward to Blood Money, which is due out I believe in a month or so.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #11
kamikaze hummingbirds

i read that hitman 2 can be played in 1st person as well as 3rd.
is that right?
Old 04-23-2006, 11:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
i read that hitman 2 can be played in 1st person as well as 3rd.
is that right?
Yup.

Hit the F1 key while playing (which you can change in the Control set-up, if I recall...) to switch b/t 1st AND 3rd person -- this also is true for Contracts.

The only time in gameplay when you are forced into 3rd person is when you're dragging a dead body around.

3rd person is the default view for the game, but either way works fine, if you ask me.

Thief: Deadly Shadows is also another game that allows you to switch between 3rd and 1st.