You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Bob Ross, the video game?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Bob Ross, the video game?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/152...r=rssBloglines

Interesting concept. It would be developed for the Revolution using the new controller and also the DS.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #2

One of the better April Fools jokes Nonetheless, I think that'd be a seriously good selling game if anyone would ever decide to make it, especially with the Revolution controller. In fact, I see a whole subgenre of painting/art games for the Revolution; paintbrushing (canvases, cars, walls etc.), Bob-Rossing, graffiti etc. etc.

Last edited by jjacob; 04-05-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
Super Moderator

See I was only fooled for a second with the Sierra compilations joke but I fell for this one (are you sure it's a joke?). My sister got me a t-shirt a couple of Christmas' ago with a picture of him painting and 'Happy Trees' on it.

guillible me...
Old 04-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
One of the better April Fools jokes
It was announced about a week before April 1 and started making the rounds a few days before it. Both the official Bob Ross site and the company that's making the game have made mention of it. So if it's a joke, it's an elaborate and somewhat poorly-timed one.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #5

Well the site where I read it first referred to this source: http://agfrag.com/ where it was posted on April first Most gaming sites treated it as an April Fools joke, so I can hardly believe it's real (though I would want it to be ). Still, as I said, I expect atleast a couple of art games for the revolution.

I still remember having hours (no make that weeks) of fun with Windows (3.1) paint when I first got my IBM PC, so I'm guessing there's a huge market for it, especially with such a respectable name on it I always watch his program when I catch it, and even though his painting were not all that good, his comments (and soothing voice) were hilarious and what he did in so little time was fairly admirable. They could probably get enough voice acting samples from all the shows he made to use in the game, and that'd be awesome!
Old 04-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsez
It was announced about a week before April 1 and started making the rounds a few days before it. Both the official Bob Ross site and the company that's making the game have made mention of it. So if it's a joke, it's an elaborate and somewhat poorly-timed one.
Odd, I didn't know that, the site where I read it treated it as an April Fools joke, and said it was posted on April First
Old 04-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #7
Super Moderator

This is the IGN article.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #8

The photoshopped Rev controller hasn't shown up anywhere else, so IGN is definitely treating it like an April Fool's joke, but check bobross.com and agfrag.com (the company making it, which looks like a small edutainment thing). It's also been followed up a few times after the announcement, so yeah... it looks like an April Fool's joke, but if it was it'd be a pretty elaborate one.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #9

Apparently (according to AGFRAG's respone in the IGN article) they exploited April Fools to get more exposure, hah clever bastards! I hope they're going to do it right, then, oh man I can't wait! (no sarcasm there)
Old 04-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #10
Super Moderator

It's the same debate.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
LMAO Heh, apparently it was thought up by a Dutch news crawler/site I frequent - though they were never even credited by the developers Still, should be a great seller for the Revolution, I see whole shopping malls full of parents waiting in line to pick up this game for their kids
Old 04-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #12

Kids? Hell, I'd buy this for myself on the DS.

Especially if it lets you poke Bob's afro.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsez
Kids? Hell, I'd buy this for myself on the DS.

Especially if it lets you poke Bob's afro.
Hey, same here, but "kid friendly" titles are rare these days Especially ones that teach you how to paint, Bob Ross style! I'm guessing all parents will recognize the name, and sneakily buy it with hopes of getting to play it themselves as well
Old 04-07-2006, 01:16 AM   #14
Explorer of the uncharted

"All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green, and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret...... and if you tell anyone that that bush is there, I will come to your house and I will cut you!!! "