You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2003, 01:33 PM   #1
merely human

Default WhiteDay

title: WhiteDay
genre: 1st Person Survival / Horror / Adventure
platform: PC
release date: Q1 2004 (U.K./Europe)
developer: Sonnori (Korea)
publisher: 4am Entertainment

Screenshots
Playable demo (in Korean only)

Quote:
WhiteDay is a fear inducing horror survival game viewed, for the first time ever in this genre, completely from a first person perspective.

The action is interspersed with graphically excellent cut scenes that allow the player to make decisions on the direction of the storyline, allowing the game to take one of two different directions.

There are no weapons in WhiteDay, but many ingenious puzzles litter your way throughout the game, seeing the player disable alarm systems, open combination safes and rescuing trapped school kids from weird apparitions. The difficulty setting helps the player to get into the story whilst carefully providing a harder challenge at every turn.

Taking the genre one step further, Sonnori have included a multiplayer feature giving a real time scare factor to the game as online players can pick to play from a host of horrors such as a ghost, devil, or janitor or - as per the single player mode - a hapless and unarmed school kid, to name a few.

Developed by Korean-based Sonnori, this unique and outstanding first person horror survival (for Windows computers) will be fully-translated for the UK market and published under license by 4am Entertainment – scheduled for release on Friday 13th February 2004.
I downloaded the demo and played a bit. Unfortunately it's all in Korean; if anyone here knows the language please let me know, I'd appreciate it to find out what I can do in the demo and what the basic goal is. So far it's relatively atmospheric, the characters are in the classic anime style. Don't expect impressive graphics, though, it's lame in that department (it looks like a cheap PS2-to-PC port). However, the soundtrack work seems promising.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 12-21-2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:28 PM   #2

WhiteDay seems interesting. It looks like it may try to trump Resident Evil online a bit in that it also has a mode where players can choose to play the apparition.