You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Mega Man X Collection

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2006, 04:21 AM   #1
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard
Default Mega Man X Collection

Any fans of the blue bomber out there? I picked up the MMX collection for Gamecube and am almost finished with X1. The game seems easier than I remembered. I can kill most of the bosses with X's standard weapon. I know X2 and X3 are harder, so I can't wait to get to those.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 01-19-2006, 09:46 AM   #2
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

I bet it will never reach Europe, the other Megaman Collection never did....
Old 01-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

What makes the Americans so special?!

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #4
Lost in Adventure

I've beaten MMX1 and MMX2, both great classic side-scoller shooters, in fact I daresay the best. I just got them for free online, via computer SNES emulator and ROMS. The great part about this is it allows you to save your game anywhere. The downside is I don't have any controller ports for my comp.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:51 AM   #5
A Servicable Villain

I was never really interested in Megaman since it was far too difficult. But even I wanted that collection! And also the X series seem awesome. In the demo I could never get passed the first level. Now that I think about it, maybe it was programmed to be so...
Old 01-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #6
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
I was never really interested in Megaman since it was far too difficult. But even I wanted that collection! And also the X series seem awesome. In the demo I could never get passed the first level. Now that I think about it, maybe it was programmed to be so...
I did enjoy the original Mega Man games, but the X series I think is superior in all aspects to the original. The story is better, the character designs are cooler, and I think being able to upgrade X is a lot of fun.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 01-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #7

I thought the original Megaman series was far better just because it was a lot more original for its time. Sure the story is better, but the story didn't affect the gameplay at all anyway. By the time that they got to the 3rd entry in the X series, the format started to get pretty old and boring. Plus the Megaman series had cooler robots, better music and more interesting level design.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #8

Yeah, X had more potential than the original series, but aside form the first it was pretty wasted.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #9
Lost in Adventure

Yeah, it can be repetitive, especially when you die a billion times on the same stage. Still a great classic side-scoller, up there with Metroid.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #10

Eh, I'd only say the first one is a true classic. And by the time X6 rolled around, it wasn't just bad for the series, it was bad period.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
Lost in Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsez
Eh, I'd only say the first one is a true classic. And by the time X6 rolled around, it wasn't just bad for the series, it was bad period.
I only played the SNES versions X1-3.