You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Clocktower 3 PS2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2003, 12:39 PM   #1

Default Clocktower 3 PS2

I picked this game up used at EB games a couple of weeks ago and am really enjoying it, I'd like to get some opinions of the first two and if they are at all like 3, thinking about going on a hunt for them if I get any good feedback.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:12 PM   #2
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen
I picked this game up used at EB games a couple of weeks ago and am really enjoying it, I'd like to get some opinions of the first two and if they are at all like 3, thinking about going on a hunt for them if I get any good feedback.
The 1st one is for the Super Nintendo and it was never released out of Japan...
The sequel is for PSOne and it was released worldwide but its very rare...
They both used cursors I think, and the plot and controls are similar, but without boss fights....

That's all I remember... I hope it helps...
Old 12-13-2003, 07:29 PM   #3

rofl i played clock tower for the ps1, it actually was pretty fun, but no it was not a good game.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:35 AM   #4
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Out of the 4 Clock Tower games, I played 2. I've never played the SNES version, but I heard it was decent. Clock Tower 1 for the PSX is one of my favourite horror games, the one game that really makes you feel like you're in a slasher movie. Clock Tower 2 is just plain terrible, and should not be played by anyone.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 12-14-2003, 10:23 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to feisar

Clock Tower (SNES) never played..

Clock Tower (PSOne) Point and clicker, very atmospheric and exceptional in terms of depth and innovation for its time, although its aged badly and the script is a tad wobbly. Has some action sequences with the scissor man or whatever he was called :/ I really enjoyed the game at the time but it probably not up to much these days.. a different setup to CT3, where its basically a broken sword style adventure but with short(ish) fighting/hiding sections every now and then.

Clock Tower 2 (PSOne) A complete abomination, its a vacant blob of a game, where everything seems broken and none of the problems are indearing or amusing.

Clock Tower 3 (PS2) A simular idea but with a much bigger budget. Its a bit different to pretty much everything else out there, not being like an adventure or an action game.. Love the cutscenes, but like all capcom stuff from its era it was rushed out the door with ideas half thought through and obvious things not fixed. The death of the creator of the FMV leaves the game feeling seperate and disjointed from its cut scenes.. Its a nice but not great idea that has been followed through in a nice but not great way :/
Old 12-15-2003, 02:36 AM   #6
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Wait a minute, I thought the first Clock Tower for PSOne was Clock Tower II(since there was already one on SNES)? I guess I missed that one, and apparently I was lucky!
I just hate when they call a game differently in other contries and even more when they change the numbering, the first Final Fantasies on the SNES are considered the firsts when there are 3 prequels!
Old 12-23-2003, 04:18 AM   #7

Wow, thanks for all the info, I remember always seeing Clocktower 1 for the PS1, and figured it was the very first, anyway, it was the one I was interested in, guess if I can catch it at a bargain price, Ill grab it, CK2 dosent sound to promising, from what your all saying, so guess I wont go out of my way to find it, but...... if I hapeen to see it cheap I wont be able to resist picking it up and giving it a try. Thank you all!
Oh! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!