You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Beyond Good and Evil 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
Burning

Default Beyond Good and Evil 2

It would be a dream come true if they indeed make the sequel.

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60626

Last edited by Naveed; 11-27-2005 at 03:19 PM. Reason: though useless, but fixed the first link.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:12 PM   #2
merely human

Naveed

Damn you! Now I'm depressed again 'cause there are no sequel plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancel
"If we make a sequel to BG&E, it would have a lot of advantage because of the time we've spent on King Kong," he said.
If? IF?!! WAAAAA!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-27-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

On the bright side he's not simply rejecting a sequel out of hand.

Beyond Good & Evil - a flawed diamondâ„¢.

Three word reviews brought to you by LWReviews, a division of The Lacey Oil Company Ltd.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
Burning

He has the story, he wants to do it, may be after one more critical hit, like Peter Jackson's Halo The Official Movie Game, he will get the chance to make it.

This eurogamer article is from August, but I read a response on it made yesterday by Ubisoft's UK community manager on official BGE forums:

"Was it [BGE2] Officially considered? Well, kind of but not really. Michel Ancel has said in many interviews (and to me when I met him) that he'd like to make a sequel to BG&E but it's really not in development right now. He'd like to do it but there aren't any plans to do it. Maybe sometime in the future, we can but hope ... it could be next gen, next next gen, next next next gen...."

Last edited by Naveed; 11-27-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:57 PM   #5
TM3

What a beautiful game that was! It got everything right and more! If Ancel doesn't plan to make a sequel to that great game, then atleast a different game in the same vain of BG&E (hybrid gameplay, interesting characters, emotional-connection).
I just want you to know who I am..."
"IRIS"-GOO GOO DOLLS
Old 11-28-2005, 02:54 AM   #6
capsized.

I'd recommend to play Ancel's Rayman 2. Seriously. If you think you're not into platformers (that's just a boring term for boring people who need to categorize everything), think again.

edit: DO IT! Which other game has you riding some sort of giant plum down a stream of lava? See?

Last edited by samIamsad; 11-28-2005 at 03:29 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:40 AM   #7
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
I'd recommend to play Ancel's Rayman 2. Seriously. If you think you're not into platformers (that's just a boring term for boring people who need to categorize everything), think again.

edit: DO IT! Which other game has you riding some sort of giant plum down a stream of lava? See?
I'm still more of a Rayman 3 fan myself. I really ought to try and complete Rayman 2 at some point, though (I have way too many unfinished games).

Old 11-28-2005, 03:53 AM   #8
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I'm still more of a Rayman 3 fan myself.
Cool! So the third one is great as well? <redneck rampage>I'm gonna get ya boy, I'm gonna get ya!</redneck rampage>

(And if anybody knows how I can get Rayman 2 to run under XP, let me know... ) <-- wah!? Much better.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:05 AM   #9
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
(And if anybody knows how I can get Rayman 2 to run under XP, let me know... ) <-- wah!? Much better.
You mean it doesn't work? It worked the last time I've checked... at my friends place, since I don't own it.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:07 AM   #10
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I didn't play Rayman 3, because the demo was just horrendous. Cheesy voice acting everywhere, more action than platformer, and boring design. Then again, it could be that the full game isn't quite so awful, but I've never bought a game whose demo I didn't like. If a demo isn't indicative of the final product, then you should know better than to release it.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:23 AM   #11
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
You mean it doesn't work? It worked the last time I've checked... at my friends place, since I don't own it.
Mh... Whenever I try to start it, it crashes to the desktop. It worked just fine when I had Win2000 installed. Maybe it's just my video driver.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:13 AM   #12
Burning

Quote:

Rayman 2 is one of the best platformer I have ever played. I have finished it multiple times, it is just too good. Rayman 3 was nice, but no to the quality of Rayman 2. Rayman 2 is magical
Old 11-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #13
Dessert

worst thread title. ever.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:28 PM   #14
Just charging up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed
Rayman 2 is one of the best platformer I have ever played. I have finished it multiple times, it is just too good. Rayman 3 was nice, but no to the quality of Rayman 2. Rayman 2 is magical
Yeah, what he said...

I don't really have anything to add except that I'm dying for BGAE 2 to be made...
I just wanted to up my postcount for once, as I'm only posting in Chit Chat and will never even reach the one hundred mark by doing so
Old 11-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #15
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL
I didn't play Rayman 3, because the demo was just horrendous. Cheesy voice acting everywhere, more action than platformer, and boring design. Then again, it could be that the full game isn't quite so awful, but I've never bought a game whose demo I didn't like. If a demo isn't indicative of the final product, then you should know better than to release it.
Actually, Rayman 3 has far, far more puzzle-type moments in it than the previous game. Yes, the voice acting is cheesy, but only in a kids' TV kind of way, and Rayman is hardly X-Rated, Adult entertainment. I certainly don't regret getting the full game, though some sections require you to move pretty quickly (in fact, that's why I stopped on the last CD and haven't yet finished it).

Quote:
I'll take a look when I get home on Saturday.

Old 11-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #16
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

If I remember correctly, Ancel wasn't that much involved with Rayman 3.

Ahh yes, he was only credited as the creator and in special thanks.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:39 PM   #17
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
If I remember correctly, Ancel wasn't that much involved with Rayman 3.

Ahh yes, he was only credited as the creator and in special thanks.
Yeah, he was off working on Beyond Good & Evil by then. But that doesn't stop Rayman 3 from being a better game than the previous titles .

Old 11-28-2005, 03:58 PM   #18
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Well, yeah I don't know if Rayman 3 is better than the earlier parts, but I have all three of them and the first two were great gaming experiences..

Rayman for Saturn, Rayman 2 for Dreamcast and Rayman 3 for PC. The third part is the only one I haven't yet had time to play.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:45 AM   #19
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I certainly don't regret getting the full game, though some sections require you to move pretty quickly (in fact, that's why I stopped on the last CD and haven't yet finished it).

Don't even start considering to finish Rayman 2. It sure requires quite some dexterity, but I got so addicted that I finished it in three or four days. So many wicked ideas...
Old 11-29-2005, 05:34 AM   #20
Jumping peanut on a stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed
My feelings exactly! It didn't bring much new.. as oposoite to second one, that pretty much set the new standard for 3d platforms.
Also, maybe it's the new music (most of the time it's more on the action side).. or the fact that main characters now speak (it takes away some uniqueness i think) but it lacks some magic of Rayman2..
That being said, when at its best, it's just as good as the second one- for example, scene with huge glass tower surrounded with fireflyes must be seen..