You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Star Wars: The Sith Lords, a masterpiece by Lucasarts.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2005, 05:59 AM   #21
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

They made a mistake to make a sequel so quickly. They should of waited for next gen.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 11-27-2005, 01:52 PM   #22
After 2 years...

Quote:
Star Wars: The Sith Lords, an almost masterpiece by Obsidian.
fixed

Ah, if only this game was 100% complete, it would be the best game in the history of gaming.
Let's just hope the restoration : http://www.team-gizka.org/ shall fix that.
you are in a
Dreamfall
Old 11-28-2005, 10:26 AM   #23
Hitch-Hiker

I'm glad someone will restore it and have proper endings. Although its not going to make me play the entire game over, its too long.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 11-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleto4_ryan
fixed

Ah, if only this game was 100% complete, it would be the best game in the history of gaming.
Let's just hope the restoration : http://www.team-gizka.org/ shall fix that.
This is great news. I hope the restoration project goes well, for the team because I am very curious as to how much better and complete the game will be. I was a fan of this game, almost as much as the first game, and I am happy that this team is trying to restore it to Obsidian's original vision.

Good Luck, guys!. I'm rooting for you.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:57 AM   #25
Citizen of Bizarro World

So, I managed to overcome all the bugs, and have finally beaten this game.

I thought the way the story was tied into the first game was kinda dumb. The first game gave a complete stand-alone story, while this one added onto it in a way Stargate SG-1 did to Stargate the movie. Don't get me wrong, I love that show, but my point is that the plot required certain gross embellishments to the original story in order to work. First of all, the idea of multiple Sith Lords (instead of one Sith Lord, and one Apprentice) could've been almost viable if there were only two of them, given the divisive nature of the Sith. But I actually encoutered dozens of sissy-ass "Sith Lords" on my journey, all of whom got slashed open with great finesse and ease.

To overcome such lame additions to a story which was pretty much a done deal, here's what I would've done: Seeing as how the Old Republic games take place thousands of years before the Empire, I would've placed the sequel a hundred years or so after Revan, with an entirely new threat popping up. I hope they do something similar with Kotor III, and make it a true sequel (or how about a "Knights of the New Republic" game, dealing with Luke's New Jedi Order)! Oh, and no recycling graphics this time around! This game felt like a cheap add-on pack.

OK, on to the good parts of the story (mostly the story you make yourself): my character starts as a Jedi. He doesn't have amnesia. He has his own special crystal. The choices he makes are entirely his own, and one can take full ownership of him, name and all. Also, I've learned some lessons about Jedi building from the first game, so that I made him way more powerful this time around (having around 22 level-ups to choose a new Jedi power on, as opposed to 12, helps as well). The amount of whoop-ass was almost embarassing at times. On the other hand, I think it's kinda dumb how Jedi games try to balance the overall difficulty level by having ridiculously powerful bosses.

I thought the gameplay was much more streamlined, and abounded with good design choices. (no opening the same empty crate twice, you can rack up several defensive skills with only one Force use, you can read notepads without digging through the inventory, there are unlimited level-ups, more complex saber upgrades, etc.) All surely the benefit of buiding on the awesomeness of the first game.

Character interaction didn't seem as deep (except for the influence feature, which was interesting), in the sense that most of the supporting cast's stories and side-quests were non-existant. But I guess the lack of depth is a fair exchange for making the interactions more user friendly. Unfortunately, the romance sub-plot was handled in a sort of a weird way, so that my dude made it only with the ugly Sith chick, when he really longed (i.e. got elongated) for the Handmaiden.

All in all, the story was less than compelling, but I still got to raise hell across the Galaxy, and see the Handmaiden in black lingerie, so I'm satisfied.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem

Last edited by Maquisard; 12-22-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:28 PM   #26
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

OK, this thread was bumped, so it's rant time.

I'm ten hours in. Playing the PC version. I've reached the end of the visit to the "secret academy". And now I have the black screen of death. I am not replaying ten hours of gameplay.

I'm annoyed about this. Very annoyed.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:34 PM   #27
Psychonaut

Guess you should have saved more frequently.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:40 PM   #28
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
OK, this thread was bumped, so it's rant time.

I'm ten hours in. Playing the PC version. I've reached the end of the visit to the "secret academy". And now I have the black screen of death. I am not replaying ten hours of gameplay.

I'm annoyed about this. Very annoyed.
You never saved?

_

Old 12-22-2005, 03:45 PM   #29
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Um, yes, I saved. But from trying out a couple of them I'm still going to have to backtrack quite some way. Replaying the academy section doesn't solve it, for instance ...

Old 12-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #30
Citizen of Bizarro World

I imagine that the benefit to playing the PC version might be that you can download a patch?

Old 12-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #31
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
I imagine that the benefit to playing the PC version might be that you can download a patch?
I'm playing the patched version. Incidentally, there's a solution to the Xbox version of this problem (it's an awkward one, but possible), while the PC version has yet to have the problem solved. Obsidian and LucasArts are simply ignoring its existence .

Old 12-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #32
Citizen of Bizarro World

Sons O'Bitches!

Old 12-23-2005, 02:17 AM   #33
Hitch-Hiker

Its a good thing, thats the same way the game ends actually. Just a blank screen telling you nothing of what happened. So your better off really.

_