You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Gun - From Neversoft

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #1

Default Gun - From Neversoft

Anyone heard anything about this game? I read the previews on IGN an gamespot but i'd rather hear it from you guys. It looks pretty cool, Wild west style shoot'em up, with some Texas hold'em in it (way to milk it). The reviews say that you can control your horse by whipping it and making it jump. Seems meger but its something new, shoot off people while riding around and running them over. The clips with the gatling gun are awesome, see those bits of guts fly!

here's the site, not much info but the clips are really cinematic.
http://www.gunthegame.com/

Here's machnima spoof on it, it's pretty funny.
http://www.heavy.com/browserling.php?vchid=4
Old 10-28-2005, 11:43 AM   #2
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Never heard ot it.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 10-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #3
Banned User

Yeah, it's been talked about quite a bit on this forum, if you looked around you'd see. I was excited about it, since i'm getting a 360, but i'm not about to drop $50-$60 on a game built for the PS2 and Xbox to play on the 360. I'll probably wait until the price drops. I still think it looks awesome, it's just not worth the price.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

I put the PC version on my Christmas list (I think it's only $40 at Amazon). I might have to take it off, though, if my system requirements don't quite match up. So far, though, that hasn't been too much of a problem with recent games. I'm just worried about Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion working on my laptop... I want that one more.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:18 PM   #5

seems like a rental, read that it's a short title. 3-5 hr game.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #6
Schättenjager

I think Gun buy&playworthy but have an enormous stuttering problem at every loading points ,hope can be solve with patch
Attached Images

Last edited by Gabe; 11-15-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:41 AM   #7
gin soaked boy

I was never fond of that game and especially not after watching the trailer in which every headshot, no matter the distance or weapon used, resulted in a ridiculous bloody head explosion.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:06 PM   #8
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

I played the PS2 demo - it's pants...............
Old 11-18-2005, 09:06 AM   #9
Thats the ticket

really?!?!

sounds like western themed GTA game. Oh well.........
Old 11-29-2005, 06:10 AM   #10
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
I played the PS2 demo - it's pants...............
So that means not good???
Old 11-29-2005, 06:53 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
So that means not good???
From The Very Best of British:
Quote:
Pants - This is quite a new expression - I have no idea where it came from. Anyway, it is now quite trendy to say that something which is total crap is ...
Old 12-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #12
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Hehe

I don't know how old that source is Melanie, but in the UK "pants" has been used as a substitute for crap, shit, rubbish etc... for probably 10 years or more; which brings me back to my original post, and I have to say that I might have been a little over-enthusiastic in my desire to pan this game

I have been watching trailers for it and I do feel that this game has potential - maybe I just played a crappy segment of the game?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:54 AM   #13
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I've heard that Gun has excellent musics and voice acting, but that's about all it has.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:58 PM   #14
Banned User

You guys are nuts. I'm playing it now, and I love it!

Old 12-04-2005, 02:22 AM   #15
Epinionated.

I've got it too, it's really pretty damn fun. Music is awesome too.

Thing is, need to finish FEAR first.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #16
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

When I said that the Gun demo was "pants" I think I was mistaken - I was actually playing the Darkwatch demo which was indeed "pants" - Gun, however, is an excellent game which I have been playing constantly for the past week
Old 12-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #17
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
When I said that the Gun demo was "pants" I think I was mistaken - I was actually playing the Darkwatch demo which was indeed "pants" - Gun, however, is an excellent game which I have been playing constantly for the past week
Then it makes sense. I tried it now at a friends' house and thought it looked really promising. Based on your statement I there for thought you were either high on crack or played the wrong demo.

Last edited by Henke; 12-13-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #18
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

All I have to say is "BUY THE GAME"

It's great fun (especially when you use Quickdraw to kill 10 bad guys in a couple of seconds ), and there's something incredibly satisfying about riding your horse through the desert and mountain passes to collect bounties - it's like a wild west version of GTA

The only annoying thing imo is the last level where you have to fight the big boss in an abandoned mine - this fight is soooooo hard, even when you complete all side-missions and have the best weapons
Old 12-17-2005, 05:35 AM   #19
A Servicable Villain

I saw arguably the best gaming show on Ducth television yesterday, Gamekings, and they almost had a fight over Gun! Sometimes they may get a bit angry, but now the hosts were really dissing each other. After a while, they got so steamed up they didn't even come with real arguments anymore but were just scolding each other and saying the other knew nothing about games.

(Okay, maybe the show's not strictly good, but it's definitely better than most other shows here)

The point is; opinions differed radically on Gun. Some said the controls sucked, others were in love with it.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:50 PM   #20
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
The point is; opinions differed radically on Gun. Some said the controls sucked, others were in love with it.

The controls sucked?!?

I don't know what version of the game they were playing but I found the controls very very nice
apart from the odd time when you're surrounded by bad guys and you press "quickdraw" - sometimes it can be quite awkward to aim the cursor when there are people on horses riding around you; but apart from that I found no other control problems