You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General So I bought Realms of the Haunting... wot now?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey
Default So I bought Realms of the Haunting... wot now?

OMG. Forgetting the old-skool looks, this thing has already sucked me in and I've only been playing for five minutes. Any tactics that people want to suggest - is the combat actually at all difficult on Easy, and should I play this with the lights on or off?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
capsized.

Lights: off
Pants: .. on

Err, mh. I've still got that copy I borrowed from someone, err, three years ago. I was stuck on a puzzle, though. Tell me if you made it past the house and its secret "cellar"!
Old 10-27-2005, 01:03 AM   #3
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
OMG. Forgetting the old-skool looks, this thing has already sucked me in and I've only been playing for five minutes. Any tactics that people want to suggest - is the combat actually at all difficult on Easy, and should I play this with the lights on or off?
Spare your health vials, when you get Florentine's staff DO NOT use it until the end (you'll see why) and the easy mode only means that the inventory items used for puzzles are automatically selected.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:11 PM   #4
Chris Barraclough

Man that was such a good game. I got stuck near the end which pissed me off, but what a ride getting there. Might have to find that one on ebay...
Old 10-28-2005, 03:13 PM   #5
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
Spare your health vials, when you get Florentine's staff DO NOT use it until the end (you'll see why) and the easy mode only means that the inventory items used for puzzles are automatically selected.
I meant the COMBAT difficulty. I'd never play with puzzle difficulty on anything other than Easy .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Play with the lights off. Conserve health potions. Play on Easy mode, not for the difficulty, but purely to save time fiddling for objects. Oh, and play with the subtitles on when you pass the Sarcophagus. Unless they patched it after my version, one character was impossible to hear.

Oh, and when you get to...hmm, how can I say this without spoiler? Oh, yes. When you get to THE SINGLE WORST LEVEL IN ANY GAME EVER, YEA, EVEN CRUMMY OLD SHOOTERS FROM THE DARK AGES*, keep with it. There are three stages that are the absolute pits, and will make you want to stab the developers IN THE EYE, but it does pick up again afterwards for a good ending.

* For those that have played it:

Spoiler:
The entire of Sheol, really: The fricking Brain Maze, followed by Abaddon's mirror puzzle, and then that truly godawful Crystal Maze segment where you have to do about eight pointless tech-demo mini-games to unlock the door to the next level. I don't know what happened here at all...