You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Unreal Tournament 3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 09:39 AM   #21
capsized.

It is a pretty fast game that's for sure. Although the character movement itself appears to be a little slower than in UT2004? I thought they went a bit over the top with the bloom / post processing eyecandy up to the point where it makes everything look kinda washed out. I also figured out how I could play the game online, apparentally you just need a Gamespy account. Easy.

Oh, and don't expect anything revolutionary, it's still UT, just far prettier than before. You can ride some kind of HUUUGE bot on one of the 2 DM maps though.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #22
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I tried the demo. Looks pretty fun.

I have to try it again someday when I have more free time.

I also tried CoD4 demo, which was much more awesome than I had expected.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #23
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

*goes to download*

Not that I'll get to play it for a while .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:48 AM   #24
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

I think my favourite facet of the Unreal Tournament 3 demo is that the @ key on a UK keyboard brings up the console. This means the you can't enter an email address when signing up to play online, so you have to copy and paste one from Notepad. That's a good laugh.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #25
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Yeah. Although you can actually register an account without giving an email address. Or you can use the Alt+NumPad codes.

Still stupid, though. Really stupid.

I'm amazed by how well this appears to run, though. Time to put it on my Christmas list, methinks.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #26
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Interesting, Laceo. The UT3 demo is, so far, the only game that's caused my spanking new computer the merest hint of slowdown - although admittedly, only when there's a lot happening.

I'm not convinced of the need to purchase the full game, I must admit. It's very pretty graphically (though nowhere near the leap from UT to UT2004), but ultimately just 'more of the same'. I'll have to wait and see what the game modes look like in the full game before I decide to jump in.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:38 AM   #27
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Oh, yeah, it definitely feels like more of the same. That's why it's a Christmas List thing rather than something I'd buy myself .