You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Cameron Files review

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2005, 01:27 AM   #1
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther
Default Cameron Files review

Nice job, Laura, of capturing the flavor of this game. I, too, enjoyed it but felt it could have been done a bit better. That water maze was a killer, but just after I finally made it through, I heard about a "cheat" for it.

Spoiler:
When you reach the door you're okay, but when you turn away is when the timer starts. Turn to go back to the dock, go one step forward, then stop and return to the door - the timer will be turned off, and you can return to the dock in your own time without dying.

Since I was still playing the game at the time, I went back and tried it, and it did work! I did wish I'd heard about it sooner.

FGM-Lyn
Old 04-13-2005, 07:04 AM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

I actually liked Loch Ness much better than the second game, although it deserves the inferior grade (for all the reasons mentioned in the review). It was definitely flawed, but man, was it nice to have a change of scenery and focus on some of the OTHER great legends and mysteries instead of the same old recycled few.

The landscape has not improved much since then.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #3
Bearly Here

I liked the first one better as well - more that some things that didn't phase me that much - I knew would irritate many other gamers more - so taking the objective step back for a broader look at the game, the grade slipped a bit.

Thanks for the remarks