You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Cold Case Files Review

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #1
Bearly Here

Default Cold Case Files Review

Well the game is/has been out and Jack has written up a review that is one funny read.

Cold Case Files Review

The game was such a struggle to get installed on my own PC I can safely say I spent more time with the install than playing CCF. I would add, the install struggles were more engaging than the gameplay as well.

But why say more when Jack says it so well.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:37 AM   #2
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

That's a game I won't be buying then ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:51 AM   #3
Bearly Here

Awww and miss out on all the horrific boredom? uniqueness that is CCF? [damnwherestheeeksmilie]
Old 04-05-2005, 06:56 AM   #4
Curiouser and curiouser

I haven't played Cold Case Files, but I have a hunch that the review is way better than the game. At least, the phrase "bizarre, texture-less hair-hats"* was a heck of a lot more amusing than that screen-shot of the Nurse Ratchett type on the right. (Actually, she was pretty funny to laugh AT, too.) Really funny read.

Ahem. And professional and informative as well.

* should this be in spoiler tags?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #5
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Jackal, that is the funniest review I've ever read! I was laughing out loud through the entire review. I hope you get a few more clunkers to review - it definitely brings out the best side of your writing! I hadn't read your review before now, because I wasn't really interested in the game. I'm glad I read the comments here, because I wouldn't have wanted to miss such an enjoyable review!

FGM-Lyn
Old 04-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #6

Jackal, in terms of game reviews, this is one of the best examples I've seen yet of being handed lemons and making lemonade.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #7
Hopeful skeptic

Well, I appreciate any "review is better than the game" comments, but in this case that's faint praise, indeed.

But thank you, sincerely.

I must admit, it CAN be far more fun to write reviews for stinkfests... although that means having to play through them first. Kind of a drawback, that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
bizarre, texture-less hair-hats
Lest anyone think I could have just said "wigs" there, I couldn't! Because wigs resemble... you know... hair!! These didn't!!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:58 AM   #8

Great review, Jack, and very, very truthful. It was a horrible, horrible little game with no redeeming value whatsoever.

I'm grateful I'm not the only one who played this game and couldn't believe that I was allowed to do an unlawful search. I kept going around trying to figure out how to get a search warrant, as this was a game about law and legal cases and the police and stuff. Silly me. Of course, the makers of this game should be guilty of false advertising because they called it a game, so I shouldn't have expected so much.