You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Sherlock Holmes Week

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 06:43 AM   #21
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
To look at polar bears. Don't get too close though, g_g. They might not like Americans.
Sure they do. We feed them a steady diet of Americans.

GG, if you need an excuse to come, then make it Niagara Falls. I'd post pictures, but this is a Sherlock week thread, not a tour guide. And in the spirit of Holmes, I'll let you do your own investigating.

And once you're there, pop on up to Toronto for a truly cosmopolitan experience. (Be sure to check out the CN Tower, which I believe is still the world's tallest freestanding phallic symbol structure or something.)

Then you can drive in any direction to soak in some truly gorgeous scenery, and if you're really feeling adventurous (or desperately want a martini), then of course head over to Quebec, with stops at Quebec City and/or Montreal. (The French purists hate English there, so spelling mistakes are welcomed). Just be sure to check ahead of time that the province is still part of Canada (they keep threatening to run away from home).

Also, our beer is quite popular with Americans, but that wouldn't interest you, young man.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:48 AM   #22
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
(Be sure to check out the CN Tower, which I believe is still the world's tallest freestanding phallic symbol structure or something.)
553 M (1,815 FT) tall to be exact.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:01 PM   #23
i'm with... <thud>

shankjack holmes, the streetwise vada loco...interesting concept
Old 08-17-2004, 06:56 PM   #24
Banned User

Just caught that, Jack! Thanks!

Quote:
Actually, we only fight over who gets stuck doing the crappy games.

Spoiler:
Kirk always loses.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:11 PM   #25
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Sure they do. We feed them a steady diet of Americans.

GG, if you need an excuse to come, then make it Niagara Falls. I'd post pictures, but this is a Sherlock week thread, not a tour guide. And in the spirit of Holmes, I'll let you do your own investigating.

And once you're there, pop on up to Toronto for a truly cosmopolitan experience. (Be sure to check out the CN Tower, which I believe is still the world's tallest freestanding phallic symbol structure or something.)

Then you can drive in any direction to soak in some truly gorgeous scenery, and if you're really feeling adventurous (or desperately want a martini), then of course head over to Quebec, with stops at Quebec City and/or Montreal. (The French purists hate English there, so spelling mistakes are welcomed). Just be sure to check ahead of time that the province is still part of Canada (they keep threatening to run away from home).

Also, our beer is quite popular with Americans, but that wouldn't interest you, young man.

I'm of legal age, well in Canada i am. 18 is the age, i think, and i'm a whole year past that. you should also start writing brochures it was a good read and had me exicited about the sites of canada aside from bad spelling thing. but you have to admit. it's not as bad as it used to be.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:24 AM   #26
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
I'm of legal age, well in Canada i am. 18 is the age, i think, and i'm a whole year past that. you should also start writing brochures it was a good read and had me exicited about the sites of canada aside from bad spelling thing. but you have to admit. it's not as bad as it used to be.
Well then, make sure that if you go to Montreal, you take a stroll along St. Catherine's street.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:48 AM   #27
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX
Default error in contest's text (wrong end date)

well contest has started... i'd just like to point out one error in the text, where it says 'winners will be contacted on Saturday, August 22nd', which is basically yesterday.

Oh, i must once again ask the big bosses, does forum moderator count as 'staff members'?
Old 08-23-2004, 12:22 PM   #28
Dungeon Master

Quote:
BTW, the secret date change was just a ruse to get you in the mood for "Sherlock" week. Nice sleuthing, AFGNCAAP!! You win...absolutely nothing.
You know, I always wanted to have absolutely nothing lying around and wasting space on my room's carpet. When will I get the package?

Oh, I was re-reading Hound of the Baskervilles as a preparation for the actual contest, and it turned out to be so simple... I will still take part of course .
Old 08-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #29
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
You know, I always wanted to have absolutely nothing lying around and wasting space on my room's carpet. When will I get the package?
I'll let you know as soon as I can get a shipping quote. I keep calling to ask how much it'd cost to mail absolutely nothing, and they keep hanging up.

Quote:
Oh, I was re-reading Hound of the Baskervilles as a preparation for the actual contest, and it turned out to be so simple... I will still take part of course .
OK, you're hereby disqualified unless you can also answer the following:

1) What was the name of the deadly bog plain?

2) What did Dr. Mortimer leave at 221b Baker Street on his first visit?

3) Which neighbour was related to Laura Lyons?

Hey, no peeking!
Old 08-23-2004, 02:08 PM   #30
Dungeon Master

Quote:
OK, you're hereby disqualified unless you can also answer the following:

1) What was the name of the deadly bog plain?

2) What did Dr. Mortimer leave at 221b Baker Street on his first visit?

3) Which neighbour was related to Laura Lyons?

Hey, no peeking!
2) Walking stick. And I've just started reading today (with first time being approximately six years ago), so I can't answer the other two, tempting as the peeking would be (the book is just within my reach). Please don't disqualify me!

And, obviously, absolutely nothing is shipped for free.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:39 PM   #31
Hopeful skeptic

Just kidding about the disqualification. That second part was just for bragging rights.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:25 PM   #32

I entered my choices on the contest, although I had to look on Just Adventure Plus, to see what games Frogwares have made other than the Mystery of the Mummy. I'm sorry if this is cheating a little bit, but I thought I should let you know. I did know the answers to the first two questions, though.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:29 PM   #33
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
I entered my choices on the contest, although I had to look on Just Adventure Plus, to see what games Frogwares have made other than the Mystery of the Mummy. I'm sorry if this is cheating a little bit, but I thought I should let you know. I did know the answers to the first two questions, though.
You could also have used our Search Engine to find the titles
Old 08-23-2004, 07:46 PM   #34
Hopeful skeptic

Or just read the rest of the posts in this very thread. The tricky one is mentioned on page 1.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #35
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Just kidding about the disqualification. That second part was just for bragging rights.
I know... Watson.