You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Where is the community??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2004, 05:37 AM   #1

Default Where is the community??

I just registered, in fact this is my first post. I was planning to introduce myself to the board. The games i have played, the game i like, maybe the first game i played. There wa no-were to do this.

Yeah i know some people might find these posts annoying, but i wasn't planning on saying "Hi, I'm new" The whole point of a forum is to talk about these games but you can't really enjoy doing that if you don't know a little about some of the people behind the usernames. A place to post a post to introduce yourself would help the new people around here and anyone new to adventure games as well as the forum. Why isn't there one? Afterall, if you don't want to read these posts you don't have too.

KeithJ
A whole lot of time but nowhere to post
Old 08-13-2004, 08:11 AM   #2
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Hmmmm, nice suggestion. But isn't Chit Chat a good place for that?

Welcome, by the way I hope you have a good time.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:12 AM   #3
merely human

Welcome Keith! Post something obscene or nasty so I can exercise my modship and delete it and feel so needed.

*ahem*

Yeah, if you want to introduce yourself and also get to know everyone, post a salutation thread in Chit Chat. And be as regular as you can, 'cause then we'll give you your very own Happy Birthday thread when it comes.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-13-2004, 01:02 PM   #4
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Isn't it enough with you posting obscene and nasty stuff, trep?

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 08-13-2004, 01:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Welcome Keith! Post something obscene or nasty so I can exercise my modship and delete it and feel so needed.

*ahem*

Yeah, if you want to introduce yourself and also get to know everyone, post a salutation thread in Chit Chat. And be as regular as you can, 'cause then we'll give you your very own Happy Birthday thread when it comes.
I take it you didn't like my suggestion then. Oh well, exercise you modship and delete this whole thread, then you'll feel really needed!
Old 08-13-2004, 03:47 PM   #6
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithJ
I take it you didn't like my suggestion then. Oh well, exercise you modship and delete this whole thread, then you'll feel really needed!
Chit Chat is pretty much the place for anything non-game-related. You should definitely post a 'hello' there.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:08 PM   #7
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens

*ahem*

if he does'nt can I!!!!!!!!!!?

and welcome keith!!!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2004, 06:24 PM   #8
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
if he does'nt can I!!!!!!!!!!?

"Go ahead. Make my day."
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien