You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Broken Sword 2.5

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #1

Default Broken Sword 2.5

I can't find any review or news article on Broken Sword 2.5 on AG. In my opinion, this is the best fan-made game to date and probably the only one fully completed. It is so well done that it actually rivals many commercial adventures in playability. The german voice acting is actually also quite good. So, why isn't there anything on it on Adventure Gamers? Isn't this game worth even a brief review?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to KFMN

Most of us are probably still holding out for the game with english voicing, though it seems to never actually happen. Hopefully "when" the english-voiced version comes out, AG will take a look at it too.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #3

It's not clear if it will ever come out with English voices. However, it works very well as is with the English subtitles. If the German voices bother you, you can turn them off and play with subtitles only like the good old times. To me this game is as good as it gets and should get a proper review.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
Hopeful skeptic

At the time it didn't make sense to settle for the German version if an English version was still possible, and now it's no different than any other deserving freeware game that we just can't seem to get reviewed.

I'm always open to taking on new writers passionate about covering the amateur games. (Hint hint, to prospective reviewers out there.)
Old 03-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #5

You got me here! If I knew last week that there were a need for a review, I would have played the game more carefully and taken notes. Unfortunately, now all that's left are some general impressions with a few random supporting facts that wouldn't be good enough for a thorough review. If I were to write I review, I'd also better replay the original broken sword games for context and comparison... Too bad, I actually enjoy sharing my thoughts.

If only there were a news story on BS 2.5 or something, I'd be happy to post a comment! I also like reading other people's comments. Too bad there isn't anything on this game to which people could add comments...

Anyway, if nobody else wants to take this challenge and play the game with a review in mind, I could try to find a few days to replay it together with the originals and write up an article.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
Hopeful skeptic

Well, we only post reviews by regular staff writers. What I mean is, I'd gladly welcome good writers who want to join the team with a desire to cover the better freeware games on an ongoing basis.