You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2004, 03:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellardoor
Well, I didn't really know I was stealing the candle at the time. Being protestant myself, I'm not really familiar with catholic customs. I did pay for the candle, but I was supposed to lit the candle and leave it there, it's for people who want to say prayers or something.

Anyway; It's a great souvenir. It has a sketch of the Magdalen-with-skull image on it. 8-)
That's not really stealing then.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:09 PM   #22
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellardoor
I stole a candle from the church in RLC, by the way. Ain't that cool?
You're going to burn in HELL!! Of course, you could always set yourself on fire and spare them the trouble.

Um, didn't they sell the candles at the souvenir shop?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-02-2004, 08:19 PM   #23

hehe this post is funny.. im sorry I dont agree

i think gk3 deserves 3 stars, if there were a gk4 it would probably get 2 stars.

this was a good series but number 3 killed it. It was the worst one in the series, the graphics had alot to do with it. I would rather see pixellated hand drawn characters than a wannabe gk1 lookalike polygon.

lets face it the story was kinda stupid too, especially the end, nothing more than a awe gimmick for gk enthusiasts, me included. The character of gabriel was killed, but its not like it could live up to the buildup of gk1 and 2 versions of gabriel.

gk1 has the best story/puzzles (hard!!!). Gk2 has the best interface of getting to know characters through fmv. Gk3 tried something new and failed, in my eyes bs3 also failed in its attempt.

third times a charm, more like third times a harm.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:59 AM   #24

Send a message via MSN to Cellardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Um, didn't they sell the candles at the souvenir shop?
There is a candle/wax shop in RLC actually, but the candles they make don't really have anything to do with the city or the mystery... I figured that a candle from the church itself would be more... Authentic.

Quote:
lets face it the story was kinda stupid too,
Guess that's a matter of opinion... I think the mystery of RLC is one of the more interesting stories around.

Quote:
specially the end, nothing more than a awe gimmick for gk enthusiasts,
Spoiler:
You mean the part where the body of Jesus Christ is releaved? Well, it was pretty awesome, right?

Quote:
The character of gabriel was killed,
He has changed alright, but what's wrong with characters that evolve?