You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #1

Default Double review

First I would like to say this is the BEST adventure site out there. The design and the content are far superior then to anything else. And I have an interesting thought which perhaps could make it even better.

As everyone know all people are different in some way and what some like some other dislike or perhaps even hate. The same thing goes for games and if you read a review of a game you have played earlier you might end up with a completely other feeling for some things then the person who wrote the review. In some cases you also find that the reviewer really hasn't made his point clear why he/she like or disliked something. For example that happened to me today, when I read the review of Grim Fandango on the site today. In these cases a discussion between people will often give a more clear view to the viewer why a person thinks like he/she does.

Because of this I would like to recommend that the site could have a double review where two people review and discuss the game. And in this article is has to be very clear which of the reviewers thinks what so it easy for the reader to follow through. The review could perhaps be split up to different parts. For example could the first part be about the story and general things. Then could the first person say what she thought in the game. And after that the second reviewer could say his thing. Then could they discuss things they didn't agree on. Finally they write for which they think the game would be appropriate for etc. And as the absolutely last they both will give their own grade with an argument.

I have seen a similar thing on reviews for movies and I must say that I liked them better then single reviews.

Exore
Old 01-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Similar suggestions have already been discussed in this thread.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
Hopeful skeptic

Welcome to AG, Exore.

As Dale said, we've looked at ways to incorporate alternate viewpoints. I must say that I'm not a fan of the format you mention. I find it fairly gimmicky, and really not worth creating twice the work. I could maybe see doing something along those lines for a new game that was clearly creating polarized views (which doesn't often happen), but even then, it's probably doable in a more streamlined way.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
I could maybe see doing something along those lines for a new game that was clearly creating polarized views (which doesn't often happen), but even then, it's probably doable in a more streamlined way.
Thaks! =)

Yes that could be a smart thing. Indigo Prophecy could be a good example of such a game.

Last edited by Exore; 01-07-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exore
First I would like to say this is the BEST adventure site out there. The design and the content are far superior then to anything else.
Thank you! And welcome to the forum.