You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Samorost 2 review

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #41
LA-S-LE

Actually I don't feel like being insulted, and I enjoy talking to Jakal, fov, wildcat and any other member of AG, as much, as I enjoy the whole site The only person I had difficulties talking with, some time ago, was Stinger, but that's were just several occasions..
Though I'm not a regular guest here, I'm pretty used to the traditions and the way people look at games at AG. Sometimes I don't understand the position of this or that author, so I tried to figuire it out. I've already understood the position of AG collective on the subject of Samorost, though I was looking for some more evidence (at first, how many factors influenced the grade, then - why Samorost can be actually called "an adventure"). It's interesting to me because I also write adventure-related articles, on some russian websites, so it's always helpful to find something new on the subject. This time, well, I didn't change my opinion on Samorost, I still consider it to be "beautiful pictures passed by pixel hunting method", but I met some other interesting thoughts, so I guess the whole discussion was useful
Old 01-10-2006, 04:26 PM   #42
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
You're response was just as ridiculous as Ariel's.
Wow, there's a well-constructed argument. Kudos, Kirk. Frankly, since I take site representation extremely seriously 24/7, it'll take a lot more than pointing your finger in my face to make me reassess my conduct.

Quote:
Well, now that that is settled...

Finally, I understand how to communicate.
You understand how to get to the point, anyway. You have your view of how I and other staffers should conduct themselves on the forum, and we (meaning you and I) disagree. What you call professional, I call political. If you want to be offended on behalf of other people who aren't offended themselves, feel free. But since knowing who I'm talking to defines my approach on a case by case basis, I don't find your criticism very compelling.

Quote:
I simply think it is a shame (and far too a Westernized and Euro-centric commonality) to associate tact with BS. Sometimes, someone's "use of tact" is just plain sincerity.
Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Sometimes treating everyone with kid gloves is patronizing. Sometimes "being direct" is just plain sincerity, as well. Your claims that I miss the mark on which is which just doesn't seem supported by much.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #43
Banned User

N A

I have rid this thread of my discussion as it goes way off base, and Jack and I will never agree on conduct. Therefore, I will no longer burden the thread with my opinion on this matter.

Thank you,
Kirk

Last edited by Kirk; 01-10-2006 at 05:03 PM.