You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 10:43 AM   #1

Default Quantic Dream work environment

I'm curious about your work environment.

Can you talk about things like. Does the studio have any special methods for getting everyone involved and in touch with the games they are working on?

Is it quiet all day?
How are meetings handeled?
Can people give their own ideas and opinions for the game?

Are they working in Omikron 2, or chillin now that fahrenheit is done?
How big is the company?
What is a day like at Quantic Dream?

thanks!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:12 AM   #2

Can you talk about things like. Does the studio have any special methods for getting everyone involved and in touch with the games they are working on?
---------- >>>>> To be honest with you, working at Quantic Dream is incredibly difficult. Working on original titles is a real challenge as the team as no reference of what they are doing. If you make a FPS for example, you can share the concept of the game on day one with everyone in the team. But when you explain that you are going to create a new kind of interactive drama, no one has a clue until they can play the entire game.

So it is necessary to trust me a lot to work there, otherwise you may get very depressed ;-) Having said that, I spend most of my day time with the team, sharing my vision and enthusiasm with everyone. The team on Fahrenheit has been extremely responsive and supportive, as well as incredibly easy to work with.
I am especially happy for them, today that the game gets positive feedback and sales worldwide, as it shows them that they put their trust in the right place.
It will allow them more trust on my next crazzy idea ;-)

Is it quiet all day?
Very quiet. We work in a large open space where people easily move and communicate.

How are meetings handeled?
Managers have fixed meetings every monday at 10. We have unscheduled meetings when necessary during the week. We also try to find the right balance between official and written communcation and unofficial chats, that are also necessary.
We also use a lot electronic ways of communicating, like our Intranet and internal messagery.

Can people give their own ideas and opinions for the game?
Of course, this is not a dictatorship ! We have a forum on the Intranet and everyone talks to me everyday.

Are they working in Omikron 2, or chillin now that fahrenheit is done?
WOrking on our next technology and projects. They are quite busy at the moment...

How big is the company?
40 people now but up to 80 during production.

What is a day like at Quantic Dream?
Start at 9:30, lunch break at 1pm. Start again at 2 until 6:30, with reasonable breaks for coffee, open discussions and playing games.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:44 PM   #3

great answers!.. thanks!