You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 09:34 AM   #1

Smile Introduction from demo?

I'd like to ask, why the introduction from the demo is not assumed in full version?

it was a competely new experience for me to be welcomed in a game by the producer, the "mind" behind the game...and i liked it....

some people say it takes a lot from the "identification" with the main character and the game, but i conceived it as a nice "connection" and found it really significant for finding into the game...

a little story/introduction from "the mind" about the game, before the "real" game starts....very cool
Old 09-29-2005, 09:48 AM   #2

Hi,

Thanks.

The introduction was done exclusively for the demo. I did not want to put myself everywhere in the final game (I am already in the Tutorial). The goal was just to have some kind of personal welcome and introduction to the story. I knew that this was a sensible subject, as no one did that before and I did not want to appear as someone egotic. I just felt it would be like someone opening the door of his house to a visitor and saying "welcome".
Old 09-29-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
Mostly absent

I liked the demo intro a lot, but I can see why you didn't want it in the final product. I feel that it works great without it anyway, so in that sense it probably wasn't a very hard choice.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

It didn't come across as egoistic (at least, I didn't think it was!) I found it to be a really nice touch. It kind of sets the player up in this strange alternate dimension... like, if David Cage exists in this world, maybe I do too!

(Okay, maybe I should have laid off the wine while I was playing the demo... )
Old 09-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cage
Hi,

Thanks.

The introduction was done exclusively for the demo. I did not want to put myself everywhere in the final game (I am already in the Tutorial). The goal was just to have some kind of personal welcome and introduction to the story. I knew that this was a sensible subject, as no one did that before and I did not want to appear as someone egotic. I just felt it would be like someone opening the door of his house to a visitor and saying "welcome".
thats okay

mmmh....i played the tutorial after i finished the game twice...then i took a look at the bonus material (which is very good).....so i saw you at last in the game :-P

so.....i'm hoping for a sequel, cause Fahrenheit is my personal "game of the year"