You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:17 AM   #1

Lightbulb Frenchy topic

Sorry for all english guys here... i'm too bad in english to post alll the questions in the shakespeare language....

Bonjour monsieur Cage

Tout d'habord bravo pour ce superbe jeu (quelle bonne idées de vous être intégré dans le jeu)

Alors voici les question qui me sont venues Ã* l'esprit:

- Est-ce que le jeu est inspiré d'un film particulier?
- A combien d'expemplaire espereiez vous vendre Fahrenheit avant son lancement?
- Pourquoi Fahrenheit en Europe et Indigo Prophecy aux US?
- Prevoyez vous un patch avec d'eventuels nouveaux contenus?
- Beaucoup de joueurs (dont moi) pensent qu'il y a moyen de faire mieux au niveau gameplay pendant l'action... l'interface flashy au millieu de l'écran gêne un peu (version PC) l'idéal serait un système "instinctif" sans interface mais difficile a mettre en place

Je ne remet pas en cause le système de "film interactif" mais quelque chose sans une grosse interface au millieu de lécran serait plus approprié

J'ai pensé par exemple a un système de "tracage de mouvement Ã* la souris" ou il faut suivre une ligne directrice Ã* l'écran et enchainer les clics... Bref quelque chose de moins voyan et plus agréable

Qu'en pensez-vous?

- Y a-til une suite de prevue ou bien un projet totalement nouveau?
- Agatha est-elle une IA depuis le debut?
- Esc-ce que l'on aura un jour une chance de voir des éventuelles modifications (mods) de joueurs voulant améliorer le gameplay-changer l'histoire? (mini SDK)

J'ai adoré ce jeu... son sénario et son ambiance exceptionnel... la possibilité d' (ou de nous faire croire que l'on peut) interagir avec le scénario... Les repercussions de nos actions (même si c'est linéaire... cela donne une immense impression d'interaction

Merci beaucoup
J'aime quand les développeurs prennent le temps découter les joueurs

On se revoit au prochain jeu
Old 09-29-2005, 08:23 AM   #2

Salut mec !
Old 09-29-2005, 08:31 AM   #3

Default French to English

French to English

Sorry for all english guys here... i' m too bad in english to post alll the questions in the shakespeare language....

Hello Mr Cage

Very of habord cheer for this superb play (which good ideas to have been integrated in the play)

Then here the question which came to me to mind:

- is the play inspired by a particular film?
- did A how much expemplaire espereiez to sell Fahrenheit to you before his launching?
- Why Fahrenheit in Europe and Indigo Prophecy with the US one?
- Prevoyez you a patch with possible new contents?
- Much of players (of which me) think that there is average to do better on the level gameplay during the action... the interface flashy of the millieu of the screen obstructs a little (version PC) the ideal would be an "instinctive" system without interface but difficult A to set up

I does not call into question "the interactive" film system but something without a large interface with the millieu of lécran would be more suitable

I thought for example has a system of "tracage of movement to the mouse" or it is necessary to follow a hot line to the screen and enchainer the clicks... In short something of less voyan and more pleasant

What do you think about it?

- Y a-til a continuation of prevue or a completely new project?
- is Agatha a IA since the beginning?
- Esc this which one will have one day a chance to see possible modifications (mods) players wanting to improve gameplay-to change it the history? (mini SDK)

I adored this play... his sénario and his environment exceptional... the possibility of (or to make us believe that one can) interacting with the scenario... The repercussions of our actions (even if it is linear... that gives an immense impression of interaction

Thank you very much
I like when the developers take to time découter the players

One is re-examined with the next play
Old 09-29-2005, 08:50 AM   #4

Default David Cage's Answer

- is the play inspired by a particular film?
No, not really, but a lot of films inspired me.

- did A how much expemplaire espereiez to sell Fahrenheit to you before his launching?
Adventure has always been seen as a niche market. I guess that very few sold more than 200 000 copies. I can already tell that Fahrenheit will be very far above this figure. The game is on its way to demonstrate that storytelling can sell, which is something that absolutely no one believed before.

- Why Fahrenheit in Europe and Indigo Prophecy with the US one?
The choice was made by Atari. I guess they were scared of the link with Fahrenheit 9/11 in the US.
The original title, the one I chose, is Fahrenheit.

- Prevoyez you a patch with possible new contents?
Not at the moment.

- Much of players (of which me) think that there is average to do better on the level gameplay during the action... the interface flashy of the millieu of the screen obstructs a little (version PC) the ideal would be an "instinctive" system without interface but difficult A to set up
Did you notice that you can move the symbols to the lowest part of the screen in the option menu?

Once you get used to the system, you can see the symbols while looking at the background. This system is just a first step towards a generic interface allowing to have any kind of action sequences in the game with a totally free camera. It is certainly not perfect by any mean, but it offers a first solution (a lot of gamers really enjoyed them). We will definitely explore other possibilities in our next interactive drama title.

What do you think about it?

- Y a-til a continuation of prevue or a completely new project?
I definitely want to continue exploring this new interactive format we have created with Indigo Prophecy. But I don't want to make just a sequel. So expect to be surprised.

- is Agatha a IA since the beginning?
No. She is an AI until she was killed.

- Esc this which one will have one day a chance to see possible modifications (mods) players wanting to improve gameplay-to change it the history? (mini SDK)
Why not?..