You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What other forums are you a member of?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
kamikaze hummingbirds

Default What other forums are you a member of?

I'm a member of the Gamespot forums (name: Cyber-Head) and thefinalfantasy.com forums (name: Kid A), I used to be a member of the Gamezville forums (name: Super Auron) and then got banned because I got bored and excessively spammed... dont worry I wont excessively spam on this forum... unless... unless... I forget my... my medication.
Sometimes I get angry you know.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
merely human

I also hang at Idle Thumbs, but not as much lately (honestly it's boring there now, and too much gratuitous swearing). A couple years back I used to be active at 3DRealms, but they got to be a bunch of retarded a-holes so I left. Interestingly, a few key members from there who really liked me tried to contact me to join a new community they started but I my interests had moved on. I also liked the Gone Gold community, they were a good group of slightly older guys (30s and up) so it was generally more composed and well behaved. Sadly, though, GG dissolved. And then there was The Looking Glass forums, which was great because of the age range, but sometimes too annoying with snobs thinking Thief and Deus Ex were god's gift to man - sheesh! I don't go there anymore.

There was also Gamer's Experimentations, a gay and lesbian gaming community. It seemed nice at first, but I stopped going there because it wasn't the tight community I thought it would be. Also, the forum design sucked, it took too long to load each page.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-15-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
DAVE

www.warbucket.com

Member there. That's about it.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
Banned User

IGN.com: Temporaryscars
TGN.com: Temporaryscars
Devhardware.com: Temporaryscars
Afterdawn.com: egmfan1
IMDB.com: Temporaryscars
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #5

I used to actually run a forum myself, dedicated to 3D modeling and animation program trueSpace, but the membership dwindled somewhat when the official Caligari forum was opened. Never really picked up after that.

I still frequent a lot of different art and animation forums such as CGCHAR and CGTalk and then there's CGLounge where some of my old buddies from uni hang out...

Now there's also the Animation Mentor forums.

Unless using my real name, I always go by the same nickname.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #6

I'm a member of the Adventure Game forums for:

GameBoomers
Just Adventure +
Mr. Bill's
Four Fat Chicks
Her Interactive
Old 07-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #7
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

The Abyss, dying, but ah well. Admin there, ex-global-moderator (had been that from almost the time of it's creation, and no, the owner didn't previously know me). (Dread)
Die Nachthexen, a cozy little clan for the game that the above community is around, but isolationist, and if sign up there, you'll cause them to run around like headless chickens, so don't. Admin there. (Deimos)
Splinters of Dusk, also a clan for the abovementioned game, very open to new players, and my creation... er... also admin there... (pinkgothic)
The Sun Clan, also a clan for the game... I've got pretty high access on it (pinkgothic). More than the usual OOC ambassador. I'm barely around there these days, I peek in from time to time, though.
Temple of Secrets... uh, guess... yes, another clan for that game. Also another place I (Dread) have more access than the average OOC ambassador on.
Y!Group RavenBlacksCity and Y!Group RBCsOOC, where I used to be a moderator on till I withdrew for timereasons.

And. Er. Apart from Ravenblack related stuff, nothing? I used to frequent Shadowmarch (the Tad Williams forum), also as Dread, but that's faded and I don't go there anymore...

Oh, and, as soon as I get it coded out fully and installed, Crimson Feather will have a forum system, too

As a side-note, normally if you find something "pinkgothic" on the internet, you've a good 90% chance it's me. Though I can say now that "[email protected]" is not me.

Edit: *rereads own post* Yeah, so I'm a bit proud of my access, I guess. Just read over the various "admin" and "access" bits T'was supposed to inform (somehow or other), but re-reading that, it doesn't sound paticularily neutral
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 07-15-2005, 12:13 PM   #8

Something Awful, Eat Poo, GameDev.Net
Old 07-15-2005, 12:19 PM   #9
Epinionated.

Regularly, just two - animationation.com and here.

But sometimes I get hooked and spam a forum for a small while, a week or day or so. EA's Battlefield forum being the latest.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:43 PM   #10

Quote:
animationation.com
There's some cool artwork there. It doesn't look like illustrations get posted much, though, so I take it that the board is more for chatting than critiques?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #11
jaf
big, hairy and blue

I'm registered to a lot of forums, but I'm a regular (lurker) just here and at www.echoingthesound.org, a nine inch nails forum. I hardly post though... I can't believe the amount of hours I used to spend on forums just a couple years ago...
Old 07-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #12
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Actively, I read everything posted at Idle Thumbs (don't reply much, though). I also visit the Purge Jihad forums and my own when they're working. I used to visit the forums of a games mag, but then I realised just how annoying and illiterate some people can be.

I can't cope with any more forums then this, sadly.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #13
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Steelsings - Awesome Tamora Pierce Message Board. Met someone from my town there. It's a small world after all.

Kidagakash Fans Unite (KFU) - Very small forum. (26 members, about 12 that are active).

Animated Lust (Rated PG) - Forums for fans of animated movies. You can also make a harem for yourself (I haven't got one).

The official The Longest Journey Forums - My first forums ever. I have to post there more. I've been lazy *feels guilty* (must keep up my rank of Number one poster).

The DIVIDE - The Longest Journey Fan Page - My second forum, and homebase. Yo, minions! The Loony is back!

Black House Forums (former TLJ: Next Step Forums) - The forums of RaMa's Black House (Clan! Mwuahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!) website, for Dreamfall.

Tysha's Dragon Forum - Great forums for Dragon fans...and those that are dragons/were dragons in past lifes...What are you looking at me like that?! Iggy must have someone to talk to, too! It's a great bunch of folks over there.

The Ministry of Abnormality - The forums of the comic "Commissioned" by O, and home of:
Succie (the Succubus. She's the Secretary of Sin of the LEGION OF DREAD!), Invy (I think he's Mister Reaper...), A pantless Giant..., A mod with glowing eyes, The stars of the comic, The O, and a lot more.
It also is the home of the elite of mad people, geeks, "strange ones", and one Loony.

Apeiron Games Forums - The forums of Apeiron Games, and their project
Chaos - A fanmade sequel to LOOM
It's alive and kicking again!

HerculeanEfforts Forums - The forums of the makers of Apprentice, and the place where I first met our dear Deadsie.

Reality-On-The-Norm Forums - The Forums of the RON community. Sometimes I'm there, sometimes I'm not.

AGS Forums - I'm not there often...but I will be. I WILL be!

And IdleForums

Oh, and I am known as Jazhara7 in each and everyone of these forums. And as "The Loony", of course.

I will add the ones that I forgot later on.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Last edited by Jazhara7; 07-15-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:23 PM   #14
kamikaze hummingbirds

I should play Loom.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:23 PM   #15
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

Revolution's forums name: Isak
Juniper Games forums name: Isak
Lucasforums name: Isak (never ever post there).
Old 07-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #16
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
There's some cool artwork there. It doesn't look like illustrations get posted much, though, so I take it that the board is more for chatting than critiques?
It's a hangout for us animation peeps to shoot the breeze and talk professionally, although mainly it's focussed on saving Disney from Eisner and establishing an independent economy of animation artists in Burbank. It's gone way beyond that now and hosts a range of international talent talking about animation, chatting shop and posting art in the gallery.

If you want to join there now you need to have proof of working in the animation field, have a trusted contact within the site, or have examples of your work that back up your interest. Some might think that's snobby, but fans have a habit of crossing the line when it comes to commentary and accidently pissing off people if they don't like a project someone's slaved over and voice their opinions inconsiderately. It still happens now, though, but in the main, animation artists, writers and so forth are all quite respectful of eachother.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 PM   #17
Easily amused

I'm an active member at Gameboomers and JA+. I also check in at Mystery Manor and the Quandary forums daily.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #18
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Animated Lust (Rated PG) - Forums for fans of animated movies. You can also make a harem for yourself (I haven't got one).
hmmmm...Now THAT sounds like an interesting site.

BTW, if you're looking for a harem, I think I might be able to help you out.

mag
Old 07-15-2005, 03:46 PM   #19
Plumber-x company

Send a message via AIM to Filmman Send a message via Yahoo to Filmman

I am a member at DosGames as (SpaceFans)
I am a member at Space Quest 2x Forum I forget name of my user name sorry
I am a member At Retro junk Forum As (TMNT)
I am a member at The Abandoned Gamesroom As (SpaceFans)
I am a member at Abandonstuff As other one I forget sorry about that guys.
and Adventure Gamers I am member as (Filmman)

Last edited by Filmman; 07-15-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:52 PM   #20
Up a tree

my regular haunts:

big blue cup : The home of AGS
NTSC-UK: For Jap import games freaks like me
conceptart.org: because I'd like to be as good an artist as some of these guys one day
icehousedesign:For all my pompous graphics design needs

And now this forum