You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat TeamSpeak: Some Questions For Anyone With Answers (Squarejaw?)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
OUATIJ Creator

Default TeamSpeak: Some Questions For Anyone With Answers (Squarejaw?)

My buddy is building a PC for BF2, and I dislike the regular VOIP in the game. I'm going to download TeamSpeak. I heard that to use TeamSpeak you need to be on a specific server or something, is that true? How can I tell what BF2 servers have TeamSpeak? Basically, I know nothing about TeamSpeak, please tell me whatever you can about how it works. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
Epinionated.

I've never run a TS server. You can set one up on your own computer, but depending on how many people are on it it might screw with your bandwidth.

If someone's got a great connection then you can set on up by downloading the server side program. Set up your server, give your buddy the IP, and away you go - that's how me and my bro did it occasionally.

TS runs parallel as a seperate program to BF2. You will have to already be on a TS server when you run the game as there is no way to know - short of asking in-game if anyone has TS, getting the IP, exiting into TS and joining them.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
My buddy is building a PC for BF2, and I dislike the regular VOIP in the game. I'm going to download TeamSpeak. I heard that to use TeamSpeak you need to be on a specific server or something, is that true? How can I tell what BF2 servers have TeamSpeak? Basically, I know nothing about TeamSpeak, please tell me whatever you can about how it works. Thanks.
Nah, Teamspeak has his own servers, and you have to connect to one of them to use it, but it's got nothing to do with the games you're playing.
So basically you connect to a TS server, and then to your game server.
I think.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:56 PM   #4
Epinionated.

Fancy a game, btw? If you've got the TS client I'll let you in on my clanserver for a game. You EU?

@Ninth - heehee, we posted together. Is that cwute or what?
Old 07-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Fancy a game, btw? If you've got the TS client I'll let you in on my clanserver for a game. You EU?

@Ninth - heehee, we posted together. Is that cwute or what?
OAV is a bloody texan .

And yeah, it's darn cute .
Old 07-04-2005, 01:58 PM   #6
Epinionated.

Goddamn Texans with their... uh... hm. Big moustaches? Er... East coast server should work for both of us.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
Banned User

Mine should be here tomorrow....
Old 07-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #8
OUATIJ Creator

Thanks everyone for the replies. I haven't downloaded TeamSpeak yet squarejaw, and I wasn't around when you asked about a game. Sorry man. I think I'll download it and try it out in the next hour or so. When my friend gets the game he can play as well, that's four people out of a six man squad with you and scars. So a game would be cool sometime.

By the way Ninth, I saw Land of the Dead today. Heh. Plenty of anti-Bush and anti-Patriot Act commentary in there, you'd love it. It was a pretty good movie, but the first three in the series are better. However, I think I read in another thread that you don't care for horror movies... Maybe Romero's social commentary won't be enough to overcome that, but I think it makes his horror films richer than most.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the replies. I haven't downloaded TeamSpeak yet squarejaw, and I wasn't around when you asked about a game. Sorry man. I think I'll download it and try it out in the next hour or so. When my friend gets the game he can play as well, that's four people out of a six man squad with you and scars. So a game would be cool sometime.

By the way Ninth, I saw Land of the Dead today. Heh. Plenty of anti-Bush and anti-Patriot Act commentary in there, you'd love it. It was a pretty good movie, but the first three in the series are better. However, I think I read in another thread that you don't care for horror movies... Maybe Romero's social commentary won't be enough to overcome that, but I think it makes his horror films richer than most.
It's not that I think that horror movies are bad, or poor, just that I hate watching them.
Makes me think... there was a movie by Dario Argento, called in (translated) french "Blood of the innocent". I usually wouldn't have gone and see this kind of movie (very bloody), but this one made a lasting impression on me. Extremely cheap and at the same time quite beautiful.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:36 PM   #10
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
It's not that I think that horror movies are bad, or poor, just that I hate watching them.
Makes me think... there was a movie by Dario Argento, called in (translated) french "Blood of the innocent". I usually wouldn't have gone and see this kind of movie (very bloody), but this one made a lasting impression on me. Extremely cheap and at the same time quite beautiful.
Heh, well perhaps you already knew this, but Dario Argento and George Romero are great friends. Asia Argento, Dario's daughter, is the female lead in Land of the Dead. Again, it's not as good as Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, or Day of the Dead...but it was worth seeing.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Heh, well perhaps you already knew this, but Dario Argento and George Romero are great friends. Asia Argento, Dario's daughter, is the female lead in Land of the Dead. Again, it's not as good as Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, or Day of the Dead...but it was worth seeing.
Hey, I love the girl, she has style. But anything with dead in it is going to be awfully organic, I'm afraid... yeah, I know, I'm a cry baby.
Did you see the movie I was talking about? Or any other Argento movie, for that matter?
Old 07-05-2005, 04:47 AM   #12
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Did you see the movie I was talking about? Or any other Argento movie, for that matter?
Does a bear shit in the woods Ninth? Ha ha. Of course I've seen many Argento movies, but not the one you just saw I'm afraid. When I was younger I loved horror films more than I do now, and I watched almost all of Argento's films. I think my favorite was Suspiria if I remember correctly.