You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat King Kong trailer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas
Default King Kong trailer

http://www.kingkongmovie.com/ef23952...en_splash.html

Looks awesome, go watch it!
Old 06-27-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talas
Ugh, do I have to? OK fine!
Old 06-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #3
Banned User

Ooook. Just saw it. MUST comment.

First off, Jack Black is in it, so i'm almost sold there. But the CGI effect are HORRIBLE! Then, they throw in dinosaurs? Worst of all, they have a CGI dinosaur fighting a CGI ape......can somebody tell me how fun it is to watch somebody else play a videogame? Exactly.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #4
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

Yeah, the dinosaurs didn't really seem to blend in well with the people. Something seemed off about it. I guess more post production work is needed.

And well, the original 1933 King Kong had dinosaurs in it. This is a remake of the original, not the ultra shitty 1979 version that removed the dinosaurs and turned the filming crew into an oil company searching for oil and finding a GIANT King Kong.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:45 PM   #5
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Kong looks very nicely done.
Some of the effects do look a bit strange.

But overall this trailer was extremely good. Jack Black is doing the best performance of his life.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:57 PM   #6
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

What the **** was that? I'll definitely be seeing this since it looks absolutely ridiculous but... what on earth? All of the restraint Peter Jackson mustered to handle the solemn and quiet moments in Lord of the Rings ... the moments that surprised the hell out of people because they were nothing like his earlier films ... seem to have been thrown to the wind again for nothing but a bunch of insane wide angle cameras flying into peoples faces with huge special effect monsters running around. That's not a bad thing by definition, but it's not quite what I was expecting.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 06-27-2005, 07:59 PM   #7
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
What the **** was that? I'll definitely be seeing this since it looks absolutely ridiculous but... what on earth? All of the restraint Peter Jackson mustered to handle the solemn and quiet moments in Lord of the Rings ... the moments that surprised the hell out of people because they were nothing like his earlier films ... seem to have been thrown to the wind again for nothing but a bunch of insane wide angle cameras flying into peoples faces with huge special effect monsters running around. That's not a bad thing by definition, but it's not quite what I was expecting.
I dunno man, if I were him, I wouldn't have touched King Kong with a ten foot pole to being with. It's just a dumb story.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:07 PM   #8
merely human

WHO THE F#&K CARES IF THE DINOSAURS LOOK A BIT FAKE?!! IT'S EXCELLENT POPCORN CINEMA!! I CAN'T WAIT!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-27-2005, 08:10 PM   #9
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
WHO THE F#&K CARES IF THE DINOSAURS LOOK A BIT FAKE?!! IT'S EXCELLENT POPCORN CINEMA!! I CAN'T WAIT!
Ugh, you'd be better off watching a Ron Jeremy film. They probably make more sense and have better special effects.

Jade Empire is to Trep as Ron Jeremy is to Temp
Old 06-27-2005, 08:11 PM   #10
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Ugh, you'd be better off watching a Ron Jeremy film. They probably make more sense and have better special effects.

Jade Empire is to Trep as Ron Jeremy is to Temp
I've seen Ron Jeremy's films. I've moved on.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-27-2005, 08:15 PM   #11
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I've seen Ron Jeremy's films. I've moved on.
Well aren't you just better than me!
Old 06-27-2005, 08:25 PM   #12
merely human

I am. I've forgotten the title, but there was this one where, iirc, he plays a doctor who has this female patient who, whenever she has an orgasm, she, ummm.... her 'discharge' is like pheromones on acid, so potent is it that anyone who gets a whiff automatically gets hyper horny. So he get this idea to try to bottle it so he can make millions, and he ends up following her around trying to tap it.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:53 PM   #13
OB

This movie looks incredible as does the CGI. It's not Gollum good, but it's still great. I'm glad they kept it set in the 1930s(unlike the 1970s remake), and the ship is an exact replica of the one from the 1933 film.

Quote:
Then, they throw in dinosaurs?
Well, since the original King Kong had at least 3 dinosaurs & a giant snake(and giant spiders that cut out), then I guess it's okay now isn't it?

Anyway, Kong '33 is considered one of the all time great films in all of movie history by most if not all major film societies and lots of film buff/geeks, so I think it deserves this 2nd remake. Especially, given it's being done by someone who has always dreamed of doing it. How many of us get to direct our dream film?

Last edited by Orange Brat; 06-27-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:55 PM   #14
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
I dunno man, if I were him, I wouldn't have touched King Kong with a ten foot pole to being with. It's just a dumb story.
He's apparently liked it since he was a little kid and it was always his dream to make a modernized version... They were working on a Kong film earlier before LOTR but it fell through before they finished pre-production. Make of that what you will... I think the Kong story is stupid too, but it is the original special effects blockbuster spectacluar, so I think it's sort of fitting for Jackson to do it.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 06-27-2005, 11:58 PM   #15
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
It's a trailer, edited to music. It's hardly going to showcase quiet moments. It's an ADVENTURE FILM, not a conversion of a popular literary masterpiece. If you'd ever seen the Frighteners, then you'd know Jackson is easily as capable of creating fantastic popcorn cinema as he is modern epics.

Wait until you've seen the proper 120 minutes, I'm sure there'll be quiet moments. The bit in the trailer that got me was when Naomi Watts stepped onto the ship.

Production design looks fantastic, but then you'd expect as much. Some beautiful shots and scenery, but I agree the CGI looks a bit work in progress. I have doubts about Kong itself, but only as I never saw him as a straight Silverback gorilla... other than that it looks great.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:02 AM   #16
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

No that I watched a second time... and a third time...
It looks even better, those running big dinosaurs might look a bit strange, but Kong and T-Rex look very god damn nicely done.

Like shown in the last video diary, they've really done some crazy & amazing job with the cgi on Kong.

Andy Serkis=Kong
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:43 AM   #17
Psychonaut

Looks good.

I agree the SFX looks unfinished and not up to Jurrassic Park level on the dinasaurs.

But I have faith come December it will look great.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:51 AM   #18
Epinionated.

Lovin' that avatar, Lucien. Where's it from?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:17 AM   #19
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Lovin' that avatar, Lucien. Where's it from?

Deviantart

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12286370/
Old 06-28-2005, 01:55 AM   #20
How am I not myself?

I thought the trailer was amazing. I expected the dinosaurs to look awefull. They didn't look too bad actually. They will look even better in the final film, of course. I personally thought that the trailer was of the same caliber as the original trailer for The Fellowship of the Ring.