You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat I just graduated from high school

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2005, 06:11 AM   #1
fire breathing

Default I just graduated from high school

horray!

now, it's time to
Old 06-15-2005, 06:19 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Congratulations. Shouldn't you be out partying or something?

Ahh, the summer after high school... I remember it fondly. It, like, changed my life, or something.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:20 AM   #3
Dungeon Master

Congratulations!

What now? Or is it too early to tell?
Old 06-15-2005, 07:45 AM   #4

Well, congratulations!

Say, do they hang backpacks on flagpoles in the US too upon graduation, or is that just a Dutch thing?

(that's mine)
Old 06-15-2005, 08:37 AM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

I don't remember seeing anyone do that in the US.

We throw our caps in the air after graduating, though. Except I never did, because I didn't want to lose mine.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:37 AM   #6
Liver of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

We throw our caps in the air after graduating, though. Except I never did, because I didn't want to lose mine.
Yeah, I just tossed mine up a few feet so I could catch it again.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:31 AM   #7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

I helped at the graduation ceremony (I carried a large flag - and since a door was slightly open, it even flew! Wheeee!), and got a look at the caps. They had labels in them on which you were supposed to write your name (and school, too, if you wanted). Though it wasn't really necessary in my school's case, since we only had a small graduation class (relatively small school. It's ten years old this year. And we didn't have graduation classes for that long yet. Also, it was the first *real* graduation ceremony we had, I think.)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:35 AM   #8
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Congratulations, Spade! Welcome to the real world!

From now on, whenever life throws you a curve or you feel a little depressed, just say these words out loud to yourself:
"It could be worse- I could be back in high school"
No matter how badly my day is going, this simple mantra always puts things back in perspective.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-15-2005, 11:44 AM   #9
merely human

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #10
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
From now on, whenever life throws you a curve or you feel a little depressed, just say these words out loud to yourself:
I don't know. [not for Spade] I, for one, have great memories from my high school and my life at University so far doesn't seem half as good. [/not for Spade]
Old 06-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #11
Banned User

We weren't allowed to throw them at my HS graduation and my college #1 graduation either. Bummer
Old 06-15-2005, 12:51 PM   #12
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Congratulations, Spade! Welcome to the real world!

No matter how badly my day is going, this simple mantra always puts things back in perspective.
I put that quote into my email signature.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #13
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

While I do have some good memories of high school, most were not that great.
Freshman year we went to school from the 3rd to 8th period, with the 10th and 11th going to school 1-7 periods and seniors 1-6 - we were waaaay overcrowded. Sophomore year was okay. Junior and Senior year we were split into morning classes and most extracurricular activities were cut. (10th, 11th, 12th went mornings, 9th went afternoons). Senior year was really the pits though.

There was this 7th grader who burned down a combined jr high and elementary school. They moved to a large elementary school afternoons. Then he burned that down. The elementary kids got switched to several schools, but the junior high kids got moved to the high school afternoons with the freshmen. Then this kid burned down half the high school before he got caught. (He also had burned down a church.) After the high school fire, the cafeteria, gymnasiums and even coat rooms and locker rooms had to double as classrooms. And all this happened by the middle of October. In November Kennedy was assassinated. And I lived in Massachusetts where he was from, so it hit home a bit more perhaps. He was ours, you see. Had enough? Our principal died that year too.

All this affected all of us - not even one bit is personal here, but never-the-less difficult to live through. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Lynsie