You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Sci fi questions, please help asap....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 12:23 AM   #1
all loved up

Default Sci fi questions, please help asap....

Hi, I'm writing an article on Sci fi comedy for creative writing coursework and have just realised how little I actually know about 'serious' sci fi, and would appreciate a little help. I'm trying to illustrate the usual connotations of science fiction through the images that might spring to mind, but am struggling a little with some of my examples. Having never watched Star Trek before, can I be forgiven for asking what Klingons would be most likely to do? However, I have *ahem* kind of forgotten the basic Star Wars plot.... (aside from the latest films, please don't flame me!) And the work's got to be posted today... Please help...

Last edited by adventurefan; 05-31-2005 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:07 AM   #2
all loved up

Please, someone, anyone, save me from the Klingon page I'm trying (desperately) to nagivate.... I figured out the Star Wars part, think I'm suffering from lack of sleep a bit, but knowing nothing about Star Trek and not being able to find a novice friendly site to explain in brief what I need to know, I'm really struggling here, and want to get this sorted ASAP... I'm doing fine with the rest of the article, it's just this one reference that's really bugging me....
Old 05-31-2005, 04:12 AM   #3
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

I'm a little confused as to what your question is. What exactly are you trying to find out about Star Trek?

mag
Old 05-31-2005, 04:18 AM   #4
Fat Green Sumo

Send a message via AIM to Falko

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurefan
Having never watched Star Trek before, can I be forgiven for asking what Klingons would be most likely to do?
Battling, drinking, screaming (all at once ).
Old 05-31-2005, 05:37 AM   #5
Chocolate addict

Klingons are like rowdy soccer fans abroad. They get boozed up on Bloodwine, eat GHAK (which is black worms still wriggling), burp, belch, pick their teeth, sing blood thirsty songs and pick a fight with anyone.

Favourite saying 'today is a good day to die'.

Their idea of foreplay is the beat the crap out of each other. Women klingons are just as violent.

They all have serious dental problems, wrinkly boney foreheads, a fetish for outrageously camp black leather clothing and big curvey knives and blades.

Being a wimp isn't an option if you're a Klingon. Family honour is everything.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:02 AM   #6
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Klingons!

mag
Old 05-31-2005, 08:24 AM   #7
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Klingons are a rowdy bunch, no doubt about it. Their society has all sorts of rules of conduct, though, and honor means everything to the average Klingon. In many ways they are not unlike Samurai warriors, both in dress and in attitude.
Klingons are a very passionate race; They don't do anything by half-measures. Earn the friendship of one, and you will have a mate who will charge side-by-side with you through the gates of Hell itself without batting a single eyelash. Earn the scorn of one, and you'd better hide fast and well.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 05-31-2005, 08:37 AM   #8
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Klingons are brown, and are most likely stuck on the ring around Uranus. They're disgusting. It's best to just wipe them out as soon as possible.