You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What Do You Look Like?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 11:50 AM   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
That's neat! Do you have all the hammers or just one pair?

I have four tattoos. You can see them here. Left to right, they're on my back, shoulder blade, stomach and arm. The pictures aren't really to scale though. The one on my back is much bigger than the others. The guy did an amazing job on the detail, esp. on the faces on the monster... it's my favorite of the four, but unfortunately the hardest for me to see!

They are all taken from tarot cards from the Alastair Crowley thoth tarot deck. There are four cards in the deck with these women on them, and I really liked them but couldn't decide which I liked best for a tattoo. So in the end I got all four. I'd love to get another tattoo but there aren't any more naked lady designs, and I kind of like them being a matched set.
Neat!!

I have all the hammers in color including the clouds. I'll get a pic going here soon.

Edit: I like your work but tarrot cards really freak me out.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:51 AM   #582
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard
I'll get a pic going here soon.
Do that. I'd love to see.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #583
capsized.

That's really nice. I always wanted to have this logo as a tattoo (just like the piercing that has never been ), but I never had the guts to... you know. And now I'm getting old and grumpy! :scared:
Old 09-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
That's really nice. I always wanted to have this logo as a tattoo (just like the piercing that has never been ), but I never had the guts to... you know. And now I'm getting old and grumpy! :scared:
Band logos arent the best to put on your body. No one will know what the heck that is in 20 years.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #585
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
That's neat! Do you have all the hammers or just one pair?

I have four tattoos. You can see them here. Left to right, they're on my back, shoulder blade, stomach and arm. The pictures aren't really to scale though. The one on my back is much bigger than the others. The guy did an amazing job on the detail, esp. on the faces on the monster... it's my favorite of the four, but unfortunately the hardest for me to see!

They are all taken from tarot cards from the Alastair Crowley thoth tarot deck. There are four cards in the deck with these women on them, and I really liked them but couldn't decide which I liked best for a tattoo. So in the end I got all four. I'd love to get another tattoo but there aren't any more naked lady designs, and I kind of like them being a matched set.
Those are gorgeous!!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #586
capsized.

Quote:
Band logos arent the best to put on your body. No one will know what the heck that is in 20 years.

As if anybody but mum ever knew what all these "I love mum" thingies were about. You're right, but I kind of like that logo. Dunno.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:39 PM   #587
fov
Rattenmonster

I don't see what's wrong with it, as long as you're getting it because you like the picture, and not because you like the band.

I can't even remember what the tarot cards my tats are from mean (which is the first thing peoplle ask me). I just liked the pictures.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I don't see what's wrong with it, as long as you're getting it because you like the picture, and not because you like the band.

I can't even remember what the tarot cards my tats are from mean (which is the first thing peoplle ask me). I just liked the pictures.
I dont mean to offend you in any way. My friends mom used to dabble in that stuff and that house had all sorts of wierd problems.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:15 PM   #589
capsized.

Quote:
My friends mom used to dabble in that stuff and that house had all sorts of wierd problems.

She's not that chick from the original Amityville Horror, is she?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad

She's not that chick from the original Amityville Horror, is she?
Never saw that movie. I'm not a big fan of ghosts and demons. Needless to say I will not be seeing The Exorcism Of Emily Rose. You go there and you may bring back a friend of your own.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #591
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Never saw that movie. I'm not a big fan of ghosts and demons. Needless to say I will not be seeing The Exorcism Of Emily Rose. You go there and you may bring back a friend of your own.
Spirits are like living people in that a very few have your best interests at heart, a few actively work against you, and the vast majority are simply following their own spectral agenda. By and large they're nothing to be afraid of, but some can be irritating from time to time. I've always learned to co-exist with the ones that have inhabited places where I've lived or worked.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-08-2005, 06:03 PM   #592
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

I agree with Scott here. This is the first place I've lived that has had animal spirits. About two years ago, a small female cat showed up and visits from time to time. One night when friends were over, Mike saw the cat, and in fact saw more detail than I did, but his wife didn't see it. She's a sweet little kitty, not at all a troublemaker. Earlier this week a small-medium dog came to visit. He had the saddest look on his face. I put my hand out to him, but he turned and walked away. Neither of them makes any sounds or does anything bad at all.

Lynsie
Old 09-08-2005, 06:24 PM   #593

I dont believe in ghosts but I do believe in demons considering the bible says the were kicked from heaven and they are roaming about like a lion seeking to devour someone.

Wow!!! We have really strayed from the topic.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #594

After reading this entire thread I have to say that I love Jazhara7's candid and care free approach at life. I think you are sweetheart.

If I had to save two I would probably choose her and SamIamSad to be stuck on a deserted island with. They seem like my peoples for differant reasons.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:42 PM   #595
Bad Influence

Quote:
After reading this entire thread I have to say that I love Jazhara7's candid and care free approach at life. I think you are sweetheart.

If I had to save two I would probably choose her and SamIamSad to be stuck on a deserted island with. They seem like my peoples for differant reasons.
That sounds like an interesting topic for a thread: Pick two people to be stranded on a desert island with. If you could get people to list the reasons they made the choices they did, it would be most illuminating.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-16-2005, 09:45 PM   #596
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
That sounds like an interesting topic for a thread: Pick two people to be stranded on a desert island with. If you could get people to list the reasons they made the choices they did, it would be most illuminating.

ScottMate
It would be intriguing and also potentially embarassing

*starts to reveal deep dark secrets*

*shuts up*

Old 09-16-2005, 09:51 PM   #597

Do it. You can quote my post.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:04 PM   #598
Bad Influence

Quote:
Do it. You can quote my post.
Nah, it was your idea.
I rarely start threads. I'm perfectly content just to drag everyone else's off-topic.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-16-2005, 10:07 PM   #599
merely human

Jeezus, I'll do it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-20-2005, 03:54 PM   #600
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Dragging this thread back on topic kicking and screaming...

After trying and failing to find/take a decent recent picture of myself (the camera does *not* like me), I'll just settle for saying that my avatar is actually cropped from a drawing that one of my friends made of me dressed as a generic druid/cleric of sorts.

Full-sized version

It's quite a good likeness, albeit that in real life my eyes are a very dark brown color and my hair is dark brown, not black.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."