You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2005, 05:46 AM   #21
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Does it (ie. 24) go downhill in later seasons? We've been only shown the first one here, and, I must say, while I absolutely loved the premise, the show became a bit disappointing halfway through...
The same thing happened to me with seasons two and three, you just get lost in everything that's happening about halfway through. So many threads, so much intrigue, so much tension, the plot twists wildly... It just becomes too exhausting. So it's not that they're bad, just more of the same. But an interesting show nevertheless.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:45 AM   #22
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
The same thing happened to me with seasons two and three, you just get lost in everything that's happening about halfway through. So many threads, so much intrigue, so much tension, the plot twists wildly... It just becomes too exhausting. So it's not that they're bad, just more of the same. But an interesting show nevertheless.
Despite all of that, I love 24 with every part of my body. And I can't wait for the PS2 game this fall, either. I like it more than Lost. But I still do like Lost a lot.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:12 AM   #23
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I'm hooked on Lost... it's the only TV show I watch, in fact. I was hoping for at least one more "real" detail out of the season finale, though, because while I enjoyed it, they didn't really leave me with much to think/talk about between now and next year. Oh well, I'll definitely still be watching when season 2 comes around. I love the pace of this show. It's very nice to have a TV show filled with drama adventure and suspense that isn't edited at the pace of a TV commercial, and which goes out of its way (literally) to focus on the characters.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:26 AM   #24
Disciplined Breakdown

The only thing that disapointesd me with the finale is the writer guys spent the last couple months pumping it all up and saying how while they wouldn't give away everything, some answers would definately be given, and really, they weren't. They did kinda set it up to give away some answers fairly quickly at the begining of next year, but still, I felt a bit let down.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #25
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

The only real answer I got out of the finale was the only one I cared about: "Do the writers know what they're doing, with a set overall plot, instead of just making it all up as they go along? Yep!"

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 05-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #26
Banned User

What the hell happened to Alias? I don't watch the show, but last I knew, it was about this chick was who a secret agent of some sort and she goes around kicking ass. While watching lost, they were advertising for the finale of Alias, and it was the end of the world or something? I was like "wtf?!"
Old 05-28-2005, 09:12 PM   #27
Disciplined Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
The only real answer I got out of the finale was the only one I cared about: "Do the writers know what they're doing, with a set overall plot, instead of just making it all up as they go along? Yep!"

Well yeah, I'll admit, they are awesome, but that stupid hatch is starting to piss me off. .... Sorry I get a bit tempermental about it, it's by far the mystery that I've become oddly obsessed with. (Which is odd cause some of the others like 'the monster', or 'Walt's Powers' seem like they should be more interesting, but for some reason that hatch keeps me coming back.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:52 PM   #28
Epinionated.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH BASTARDS!

Is all I have to say about the series conclusion.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #29
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH BASTARDS!
Well, I still have to wait a month or so to see the conclusion. So I intentionally didn't look at four or five posts above yours, SJH, because they seemed a bit too spoilerish. Are they?

And BTW, tonight's "episode" here was a copy-and-paste edition aka Lost: The Journey. Is it just me or was it a complete waste of time?

Last edited by AFGNCAAP; 06-04-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #30
Epinionated.

Through the haze of my newly discovered bottle of port found at the back of my cupboard, they don't seem spoilerish. Although I guarantee you'll feel the same way as me on viewing!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #31
Dungeon Master

Thanks. I became alerted when I read "The only real answer I got out of the finale...", but now I see my mistake. Also, what Jake said later on is very reassuring, and, additionally, ties with my previous complaints about 24 nicely.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #32
Dungeon Master

I watched the finale the other day ("the other day" = "last month") and felt like talking about it. I was slightly disappointed, actually.
Spoiler:
They stretched the thing for too long - they either should have squeezed two last episodes into one or show us something more concrete at the end. The way it turned out, the third to last episode (the one ending with raft departure) was more dramatic and emotional than the two that followed. Don't get me wrong - I am patient and don't need all, or any, answers right away. But as the writers opted for "we won't say nothing" route, they could have tried to make the ending more of a conclusion, less of a cliffhanger. I kind of like the final spooky camera zoom into the hatch, but maybe the kidnapping of Walt should have been left for the next season? I dunno.

So for now my excitement diminished. A bit. I'm sure I'll become a salivating fanboy again once the season 2 arrives here.