You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #41
SamNMax

Somehow, I doubt that.

Old 06-09-2005, 09:21 AM   #42
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
I can't deny that Cuban has made mistakes at times. He has also made great moves too though. The biggest dispute I have with your post is about Damp. The guy has the heart of...Shawn Bradley. There is NO urgency or emotion to his game. He drives me mad with anger. Avery needs to light a fire under his ass.
The guy was an awesome player when he was with the Warriors. Warrior fans were so pissed that we didn't keep him. I think he is just frustrated not playing his type of basketball, the more half court set type of play. He is way too slow to run up and down the court like Dirk and Finley and the others. Take a look at Phoenix. They do not have a traditional center and rely on Amare to play as their center. If you want to play that kind of game, you will need to play small ball. That's why I don't think Damp is a good pickup for the Mavs, in their current playing style.

Firefox rules
Old 06-09-2005, 10:45 AM   #43
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
The guy was an awesome player when he was with the Warriors. Warrior fans were so pissed that we didn't keep him. I think he is just frustrated not playing his type of basketball, the more half court set type of play. He is way too slow to run up and down the court like Dirk and Finley and the others. Take a look at Phoenix. They do not have a traditional center and rely on Amare to play as their center. If you want to play that kind of game, you will need to play small ball. That's why I don't think Damp is a good pickup for the Mavs, in their current playing style.
Hmmm, actually Damp had his second best season in the last 7 with the Mavs this year. And he was STILL less than average in my view... Less than what the Mavs needed I should say. His only amazing season with Golden State came last season, when he was playing hard for a new contract.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:53 AM   #44

Quote:
Hmmm, actually Damp had his second best season in the last 7 with the Mavs this year. And he was STILL less than average in my view... Less than what the Mavs needed I should say. His only amazing season with Golden State came last season, when he was playing hard for a new contract.
Now that we are finished with fixing up the Mavs, can we work on fixing up my team, the Knicks? I swear, we will not see the Knicks winning a Championship in my life time.

@SamNMax

This year's finals is not generating a lot of interest. They are both great teams but Spurs and Pistons play a style of game that's just so boring to watch. Heat-Suns would have made a more entertaining series. The TV ratings this year will be awful.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:44 AM   #45
SamNMax

My dad played with Doug Collins at the Y when he was at ISU...

Old 06-20-2005, 01:38 PM   #46
SamNMax

UPDATE: Horry>Pistons

Old 06-20-2005, 09:33 PM   #47
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Did you hear how the pistons fans are blaming Rasheed Wallace for the loss, as if it was all his fault? It really sucks to play for the Detroit team.

Firefox rules
Old 06-20-2005, 09:48 PM   #48
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Did you hear how the pistons fans are blaming Rasheed Wallace for the loss, as if it was all his fault? It really sucks to play for the Detroit team.
Yeah that's absurd. I mean, I don't blame Jason Terry for the Mavs being out of it. And it was the SAME THING. In Game 6 the Mavs were up by 3, the game was pretty much over, and for some reason no one can explain...Terry ran AWAY from Nash and allowed him to stop and fire a 3. Tied the game. Mavs lost in OT. It was a stupid move, but I don't blame him for the loss. All of the Mavs are to blame for the loss.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:24 PM   #49
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Yeah that's absurd. I mean, I don't blame Jason Terry for the Mavs being out of it. And it was the SAME THING. In Game 6 the Mavs were up by 3, the game was pretty much over, and for some reason no one can explain...Terry ran AWAY from Nash and allowed him to stop and fire a 3. Tied the game. Mavs lost in OT. It was a stupid move, but I don't blame him for the loss. All of the Mavs are to blame for the loss.
The sad thing is that 'Sheed is the reason why Detroit has a championship and they are playing in the finals again. They were just cheering him at the beggining of the game. Everyone makes a mistake, and at the time, he thought cornerirng Ginobli was the right thing to do, especially that he is the one who usually takes the last shot. These are the same fans that booed coach brown based on the rumor that he might leave Detroit at the end of the year. Seriously man, after the fight and the way they react towards their own players and coaches especially with a team that is playing brilliantly, I am really disgusted by their behavior.

Firefox rules
Old 06-21-2005, 01:34 AM   #50
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
The sad thing is that 'Sheed is the reason why Detroit has a championship and they are playing in the finals again. They were just cheering him at the beggining of the game. Everyone makes a mistake, and at the time, he thought cornerirng Ginobli was the right thing to do, especially that he is the one who usually takes the last shot. These are the same fans that booed coach brown based on the rumor that he might leave Detroit at the end of the year. Seriously man, after the fight and the way they react towards their own players and coaches especially with a team that is playing brilliantly, I am really disgusted by their behavior.
I agree with you, but at the same time...I never expected Gibobli to take the last shot. Maybe in the regular season, sure. But in the playoffs for a last shot it's Horry I'd worry about EVERY TIME. Anyone who knows his history should be guarding the hell out of him! Granted, the play was designed for Ginobli to shoot the ball, but what actually happened was what I predicted. I even wrote my friend an email prior to overtime that said, "This game is going to end with a Robert Horry game winning 3 pointer. If you disagree, lets see some cash and have a bet." LOL! Horry has done that his entire career. In the playoffs he's simply brilliant and the reason he has 5 championship rings is because he has single handedly turned entire series around with that exact same three point shot at buzzers or shortly prior.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:20 AM   #51

What else would you expect of Detroit fans? They are up there with Philly as being borderline psycho IMO. Of course there are always exceptions, I'm just writing in generalities. To blame the whole series on Rasheed is crazy talk. Sure he hasn't played as well as he did in last year's playoffs, but here's a newsflash to Detroit fans! One player (unless he's truly a super star) does not make or break a team! A team like Detroit doesn't even have one super star, just 6 or 7 very solid players with maybe Billups, Hamilton, and Wallace toying with stardom. Granted, Rasheed does a lot of things which makes it hard to feel sorry for him as he is rather kooky himself. Still, I've read a whole bunch of articles saying teammates really like him and he is a good guy.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:33 AM   #52
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerz
What else would you expect of Detroit fans? They are up there with Philly as being borderline psycho IMO. Of course there are always exceptions, I'm just writing in generalities. To blame the whole series on Rasheed is crazy talk. Sure he hasn't played as well as he did in last year's playoffs, but here's a newsflash to Detroit fans! One player (unless he's truly a super star) does not make or break a team! A team like Detroit doesn't even have one super star, just 6 or 7 very solid players with maybe Billups, Hamilton, and Wallace toying with stardom. Granted, Rasheed does a lot of things which makes it hard to feel sorry for him as he is rather kooky himself. Still, I've read a whole bunch of articles saying teammates really like him and he is a good guy.
He is a kooky but he is a very good man. Did you know that what is tattooed on his arm is his wife and his children? He is a family man and not a player like some other NBA players He gives so much to charity, and he is very liked by all his teammates. He is fiery in the games but outside he is a pretty good guy and people don't give him enough credit. It's his toughness and temper that makes detroit the resilient team they are. In the Miami series, in one of the games, he made a few shots and had a couple of blocks at the end of the game that won them one of the games in the series.
And there is a reason why Tim Duncan's numbers have been really low throughout the Detroit series (except for last game). He is guarded by one of the best defenders in the league. But sadly, all the people will remember is that Horry shot. It should have never come down to a final shot anyway.

Firefox rules
Old 06-22-2005, 05:36 AM   #53
SamNMax

Quote:
Tim Duncan is probably the least popular "superstar" in the NBA.
Not even close. Paul Pierce and Elton Brand don't get nearly the amount of respect they deserve.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:22 AM   #54
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Not even close. Paul Pierce and Elton Brand don't get nearly the amount of respect they deserve.
Pierce is pretty popular. I mean mainstream popularity. Most people hate Duncan because he's boring and seems emotionless, heh. Not to mention he can't shoot free throws and he has actually blown games with his horrendous efforts at the line.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:14 AM   #55
SamNMax

The champions:

God, I hate Manu.

Old 06-24-2005, 08:06 AM   #56
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
The champions:

God, I hate Manu.
What did Manu do to you?

Firefox rules
Old 06-24-2005, 08:09 AM   #57
SamNMax

His smug little grin and his pretty boy looks. Let me at 'em!

Old 06-24-2005, 08:13 AM   #58
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
His smug little grin and his pretty boy looks. Let me at 'em!
He just does it intentionally to rub it in

Firefox rules
Old 06-24-2005, 08:16 AM   #59
SamNMax

Well he's gettin' a little somethin' in the mail...

Old 06-24-2005, 08:20 AM   #60
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Man, I'm going to work now. I sure hope most of San Antonio is drunk and sleeping it off, 'cause I don't feel like dealing with people today.