You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Your opinion on bagpipes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 01:32 PM   #61
Doctor Watson

< wormsie has a very obscene dirty mind overload >

EDIT: Oh, Thriftsie posted something along the lines of what I was thinking...

Last edited by Wormsie; 04-27-2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:42 PM   #62
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
< wormsie has a very obscene dirty mind overload >
I'm always glad to help contribute to one's deliquency, Wormsie. If ever you're lacking for naughty inspiration, feel free to ask for my assistance.

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #63
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
No, "Squeal like a pig, boy".

Now i'm scared.....
Old 04-28-2005, 06:36 AM   #64
Doctor Watson

Quote:
I'm always glad to help contribute to one's deliquency, Wormsie. If ever you're lacking for naughty inspiration, feel free to ask for my assistance.
I don't think I've ever have had a lack of naughty inspiration, but thanks for the suggestion. I'm just not as subtle as you... (in a way)
Old 04-28-2005, 07:20 AM   #65
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
I don't think I've ever have had a lack of naughty inspiration, but thanks for the suggestion. I'm just not as subtle as you... (in a way)
Good Heavens! I didn't think I was being subtle!

Unless of course you're being cleverly ironic at my expense, in which case...
Bravo!

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-28-2005, 08:35 AM   #66
Headbanger

In order to return a little quickly to the subject, I absolutely love bagpipes. They are one of my favourite instruments together with fiddle and guitar among others.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:47 PM   #67
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

The bagpipes sound amazing.

Picture this:

You are out walking in the Scottish Highlands and you hear the sound of bagpipes drifting to you from an unknown place on the wind......

This I can tell you is magical to hear and VERY eerie; you can almost see the Clans fighting.

On a recent trip up to Sctoland, a scottish freind took his pipes on the walk and played them on the summit - I can't describe how amazing this felt.

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 04:08 PM   #68
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton28
The bagpipes sound amazing.

Picture this:

You are out walking in the Scottish Highlands and you hear the sound of bagpipes drifting to you from an unknown place on the wind......

This I can tell you is magical to hear and VERY eerie; you can almost see the Clans fighting.

On a recent trip up to Scotland, a scottish friend took his pipes on the walk and played them on the summit - I can't describe how amazing this felt.
Elton, you paint a very vivid picture with words. Perhaps I haven't experienced the sound of bagpipes in the right setting. I've only heard them played during parades through the concrete and glass canyons of downtown city streets, and the echos bagpipes cause in this setting don't enhance their sound at all.
Perhaps I need to give bagpipes another listen in the proper setting before making up my mind.

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3
Old 05-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #69
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Quote:
Elton, you paint a very vivid picture with words. Perhaps I haven't experienced the sound of bagpipes in the right setting. I've only heard them played during parades through the concrete and glass canyons of downtown city streets, and the echos bagpipes cause in this setting don't enhance their sound at all.
Perhaps I need to give bagpipes another listen in the proper setting before making up my mind.

Thrifty
Thankyou for the compliment Scott. It has been said that I have a way with words, especially when writing. Maybe there is a book in me somewhere (now I know why I have constant stomach ache)

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #70
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I just remembered something. One day, a scotsman (complete with Kilt and everything) suddenly appeared out of thin air in my town (in Germany). He was walking down one of the main street, and playing bagpipe, occasionally stopping when a group of people gathered around him in order to listen to the music.

That was pretty weird...

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:38 PM   #71
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
My Dad being scottish from Nova Scotia family, I love bagpipes - but just where they make sense, like a scottish games and such. I think if I heard them more often might not like them so much.
Our dog is from Nova Scotai

<3 Bagpipes
Old 05-09-2005, 08:12 AM   #72
i'm with... <thud>

my mother had a recurring nightmare when she was a child...she was on her farm homestead when she hears the sound of bagpipes coming from across yonder grassy knoll and sees thousands of scotsmen marching with kilts and kin, blowing away at the infernal pipes...and she is filled with undescribable horror at these sights and sounds...now that is truly weird!...i think it to be a prophetic vision of the impending invasion by the scots ( ) of our beloved american soil...or could just be she liked to sniff gas fumes as a youngin' (west virginia slang for youngster)
Old 05-09-2005, 08:32 AM   #73
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by log p
my mother had a recurring nightmare when she was a child...she was on her farm homestead when she hears the sound of bagpipes coming from across yonder grassy knoll and sees thousands of scotsmen marching with kilts and kin, blowing away at the infernal pipes...and she is filled with undescribable horror at these sights and sounds...now that is truly weird!...i think it to be a prophetic vision of the impending invasion by the scots ( ) of our beloved american soil...or could just be she liked to sniff gas fumes as a youngin' (west virginia slang for youngster)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #74
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7

-
LMAO