You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2003, 09:24 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTDC
There is no god! Why? Just because. People don't have to justify their theism, so why should I have to justify my atheism. Actually it's because I can't be bothered.
Good for you! I agree with the sentiment .. I hope you justify it to yourself, tho
Old 11-13-2003, 11:53 AM   #22
Liver of Life

Quote:
The question isn't whether or not there are gods or not, but rather why some people choose to worship them instead of fight against them! With power comes responsibility and it is not acceptable to let the world be in it's current state if you have the power to change it to the better.
I don't think the world is worse off than it was 50 or 100 years ago, in fact, I think, in ways, it's better today. Given that, it's improving, albeit slowly. Maybe it's really fast for Him.

And another thing: I don't see why this person assumes that God is all powerful and can do such things as change the current state of the world. Some people do, but then again, I doubt this person does.

Oh well, I'll let it sit...
Old 11-13-2003, 01:49 PM   #23
Ooh, Betty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara
Good for you! I agree with the sentiment .. I hope you justify it to yourself, tho
Yeah, I have. Infact I was fairly agnostic for a few years during a bad period in my life, just so I had something to believe in. Recently I was at my worst and I had a good look at myself and realised what I'd been doing. Now I feel a lot better, religion is very stressful .

Spoiler:
And just plain wrong IMHO
Old 11-15-2003, 12:42 AM   #24
Under pressure.

--Erwin
Old 11-17-2003, 02:56 AM   #25
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

Quote:
I don't think the world is worse off than it was 50 or 100 years ago, in fact, I think, in ways, it's better today. Given that, it's improving, albeit slowly. Maybe it's really fast for Him.
And why do you think that your good is gods' good?