You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Post-Oscar Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2005, 10:34 PM   #1
No justice. Only me.

Default Post-Oscar Discussion

So, comments? Who got shafted? Who was a surprise?

I correctly predicted 12 of the 24 awards. Not so great, but the foreign film and short film categories were admittedly wild guesses. Plus, I got five of the "Big Six" awards. Correctly predicted all acting categories, and Best Picture. I was wrong about Best Director because I thought Scorsese would get it for political reasons. Granted, I'm happy to see they gave it to Clint. Scorsese may deserve an Oscar for many of his films, but he sure didn't deserve it with The Aviator.

And here is my presentation of the "Post-Oscar Awards":

The "Open Bar At The Pre-Party" award is a tie between Sean Penn and Dustin Hoffman, (although Hoffman and Streisand may have actually been doing an act up there, I'm not sure.)

The "Visibly Pissed Off" award goes to Natalie Portman during her award presentation.

The "Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder" award goes to Jack Nicholson.

The "Most Painful Presentation" award goes to Adam Sandler. (Intentionally awkward, yes, but it still wasn't funny.)

The "Best Reference To A Movie Not Actually Involved In Any Way With The Ceremony Award" goes to the cameras cutting to Samuel L. Jackson when John Travolta came out onstage.

The "Best Presentation" goes to Edna Mode. Oh yeah, Pierce Brosnan was there too, wasn't he.

The "Worn Out Your Welcome" award goes to Hilary Swank. If you get to the point where you're thanking your lawyers, that's a sign that it's time for you to shut up and get off the damn stage. Warren Beatty must have had a hard time holding his wife back.

Last edited by ConcreteRancor; 02-27-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:21 PM   #2
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
The "Visibly Pissed Off" award goes to Natalie Portman during her award presentation.
I wasn't watching... What was the context of why she was "visibly pissed off"?
Old 02-27-2005, 11:30 PM   #3
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
I wasn't watching... What was the context of why she was "visibly pissed off"?
She'd lost Best Supporting Actress already. Granted, I don't think she ever had a chance to win that one, but she still looked mad.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:27 AM   #4
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
The "Best Presentation" goes to Edna Mode. Oh yeah, Pierce Brosnan was there too, wasn't he.

Woot! Go Edna!

*waves little Edna Mode flag*

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
Citizen of Bizarro World

I missed it too! ....Actually

For some reason, I couldn't care less
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 02-28-2005, 05:15 AM   #6
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I had plans to watch it all, but I just couldn't stay up all night, I had to go to work at 7.00.
And the boring red carpet thing lasted for almost three hours, come on...

But before I left to work, I got a chance to see live when Clint Eastwood won the Best Picture award with the wonderful movie Million Dollar Baby.
I'm pretty happy that Clint beat them all and got the biggest & most important awards.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:32 AM   #7
Liver of Life

No TV in the dorm room, so I just followed the results on imdb.com.

I'm glad Eastwood won a couple for his performance irrespective of how the movie was. I actually, haven't seen Million Dollar Baby - now I know it's good for sure.

And I'm also glad Morgan Freeman won. He really deserves to be recognized for his wonderful acting, not that he isn't already, but now it's solid.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:34 AM   #8
Homer of Kittens

I missed them. I was trying to download the splinter cell demo, and watching my gf cruise through Katamari Damaci. I think it should win an oscar.

Firefox rules
Old 02-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #9
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode
I'm glad Eastwood won a couple for his performance irrespective of how the movie was. I actually, haven't seen Million Dollar Baby - now I know it's good for sure.
It's actually not very good. At least not as good as some of the films it was up against. Sadly I'm going to quote Aint it Cool News here, but it said pretty succinctly what I thought about Million Dollar Baby winning best picture: "Like A BEAUTIFUL MIND, in a year's time MILLION DOLLAR BABY will be gathering dust in the previously seen bins, left unbought. They're good performances in a nicely directed film... But Scorsese was on an entirely different level of filmmaking."

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 02-28-2005, 12:16 PM   #10
rio
Custom User Title

For me, the best moment in the Oscars was when the gunshot-sounding thing went off and the camera panned to Sean "Puffy" Combs.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:18 PM   #11
fov
Rattenmonster

I liked Jamie Foxx's speech. It was the only part of the Oscars I saw (we were riveted to "Animal Cops: San Francisco" on the Animal Planet channel ) but it was a nice speech.

-emily
Old 02-28-2005, 12:23 PM   #12
Commander of chest

Hale Berry got a Razzie. Now I finally understand where the word "Raspberry" comes from.
Thanks Hale for your lousy acting.

Way to go Clint.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #13
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypto
Hale Berry got a Razzie. Now I finally understand where the word "Raspberry" comes from.
Thanks Hale for your lousy acting.

Way to go Clint.
Apparently, in her acceptance speech, she said, "And I'd like to thank the producers for casting me in this piece of shit." Then she dragged her agent up onstage and said, "Next time, read the script first."

At least she accepted it gracefully. I always wonder how actors feel about these things, and Halle at least shows that there are some that can laugh at themselves.

Unlike, it seems, Sean Penn. How that joyless sack of arrogance ever got to marry Princess Buttercup, I'll never know.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:16 AM   #14
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Hmmm...

I wonder why the results for the Oswalds haven't been posted yet...

- :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:23 AM   #15
Commander of chest

Funny concept that.