You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Happy Tofurkey Day!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2004, 11:44 AM   #1

Default Happy Tofurkey Day!

For those of you who celebrate,

Happy Thanksgiving!

And remeber, an animal does not have to die for you to have a good Thanksgiving day.

http://vegweb.com/recipes/events/ind...ksgiving.shtml

I especially like this recipe (takes some practice to get it right though).

http://vegweb.com/recipes/subs/turkey2.shtml

Goble Goble Goble

Last edited by gillyruless; 11-24-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
merely human

Too late, the bird is thawing out in the fridge. However, it is not I who will cook it, that task is being taken by my brother-in-law (I do not like the idea of inserting my hand into a corpse, much less handling one, I'm no necrophile). Instead, I'll be in charge of making the mashed potatoes, gravy, herb stuffing, warm artichoke tapenade, sweet onion soup, and apple pie.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-24-2004, 01:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
nimal does not have to die for you to have a good Thanksgiving day.
That's right: three do. Hello, turducken.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:40 PM   #4
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who actually celebrates it. Me, I'll sit across the pond and eat some chocolate .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-24-2004, 02:29 PM   #5
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Me, I'll sit across the pond and eat some chocolate .
Don't get any ideas, Trep.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:32 PM   #6
merely human

Bitch.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-24-2004, 04:24 PM   #7
guybrush_guy

lol....times like these makes me grateful for what you guys bring to the forums.

thanks for making me laugh guys, I'm going to miss it wile I'm away

Old 11-24-2004, 04:50 PM   #8
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

gillyruless brings up a good point. An animal doesn't have to die for you to have a good Thanksgiving. You can kill a plant instead. Because we believe that all life is sacred...except for those God damn plants.

mag
Old 11-25-2004, 08:35 AM   #9
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
lol....times like these makes me grateful for what you guys bring to the forums.

thanks for making me laugh guys, I'm going to miss it wile I'm away
You will be missed.

I'm leaving for the army on the 10th of January and I won't get out before July , so I won't be around when you come back.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:48 AM   #10
Doctor Watson

You know, I just have to write to you when you are away, Mattsie. Maybe I'll write in code.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:58 AM   #11
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
You will be missed.

I'm leaving for the army on the 10th of January and I won't get out before July , so I won't be around when you come back.
Dang, everybody is leaving around here. If this keeps up, it's just going to be me and Sanjuro.

mag
Old 11-25-2004, 09:04 AM   #12
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
You know, I just have to write to you when you are away, Mattsie. Maybe I'll write in code.
Okay, but it has to be a very secret code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Dang, everybody is leaving around here. If this keeps up, it's just going to be me and Sanjuro.
Well, you two won't run out of stuff to talk about anyway.

And I'll be back in July. I promise.*

*Well, if I don't get myself killed that is.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:18 AM   #13
Homer of Kittens

Happy thank giving everybody, the trep way by giving you all a big delicious turkey

Firefox rules
Old 11-25-2004, 04:34 PM   #14
merely human

Thank you!

Well, I'm currently in the middle of making a big pot of Carmelized Onion Soup (which will be served with big croutons and melted Swisse gruyere cheese). My sister just made a marvelous appetizer of artichoke, cheese and spinach Tapenade. I'm also making two Apple Pies (from scratch), my niece is baking chocolate chip cookies from scratch. My brother-in-law just took the gorgeous looking Turkey out of the oven - it's ready. Just before he made mashed potatoes with herbs, and now he's making a Chiffonade with brussel sprouts, broccoli, hazelnuts, and cheese. He and I are both sipping a nice red Spanish wine (my sister is a pussywuss, she doesn't drink, even though she tasted the wine and said it's really good - but bro-in-law and I are yelling at her for not having just half a glass). My sister is making some Herb Stuffing for the turkey. Very soon we'll eat.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2004, 01:24 PM   #15
merely human

O FOOK!! I believe I've just made one of best omelets in my life! 2 eggs, a bit of sugar, salt, freshly ground peppercorns. I fried the eggs in olive oil with the sugar, and as the eggs were forming I grated in a good amount of Swiss Gruyère cheese, folded it all in, and sprinkled parsley flakes on top.

O god!!!!
Old 11-26-2004, 02:28 PM   #16
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
O FOOK!! I believe I've just made one of best omelets in my life! 2 eggs, a bit of sugar, salt, freshly ground peppercorns. I fried the eggs in olive oil with the sugar, and as the eggs were forming I grated in a good amount of Swiss Gruyère cheese, folded it all in, and sprinkled parsley flakes on top.

O god!!!!
Trep.
You know what? I had the biggest dinner yesterday, we had sweet carrots, cranberrie sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, green salad, warm and cold apple cider, pumpkin pie, red bean soup (some desert soup that my girl friend's mom prepared). I was so full I couldn't breathe. But then, when I saw what you guys cooked and how delicious it sounded like, I was hungry all over again

Firefox rules
Old 11-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #17
guybrush_guy

I'm limited to what i eat on thanksgiving because i HATE pepper. i hate it with a passion, and my mom puts it on everything before she cooks it, she swears that you cant taste it but i can, i even gag at the smell. so when ever i eat dinner i have to inspect what i eat. yesterday we ate a family friends house and they decided to put pepper in the stuffing, potatoes, corn, and peas. i got full on turkey and biscuits so it wasn't all bad.

Last edited by guybrush_guy; 11-27-2004 at 11:46 AM.

Old 11-26-2004, 02:41 PM   #18
merely human

Hahahahaha!!
Old 11-27-2004, 12:52 AM   #19

Send a message via MSN to HaiDang Send a message via Yahoo to HaiDang

Guybrush, I wish you liked pepper at all!

Oh, BTW, these guys will be pissed
Old 11-27-2004, 11:44 AM   #20
guybrush_guy

green and red peppers, i like..i'm talking about ground pepper..and i like the Beatles