You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Firefox Now Clustier Than Ever

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 03:27 PM   #21
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

I personally prefer Opera over FireFox because even at 1.0 it is fairly glitchy, at least it was for me. I like it because of the skins, the easily changeable stylesheets and especially the enormous cache. While FireFox and IE load every single page again when you click Back or Forward, Opera simply stores everything in cache, meaning that I can type up lots of stuff in a text box and not risk losing it if I accidentally press back or enter or something similar. Great when you're registering for sites and accidentally mistype the password and the site just clears out evey single text box you had filled into (I'm sure we've all been there).

(Egads, 'tis clickable!)

Another thing I love is how I can control the tabs and the way pages are rendered and the whole layout of everything. I love having the address bar at the bottom, since the eyes spend most of the time at the lower half of the screen anyway. It also has pop-up stopping and it can override all those silly page scripts that block right-clicking and force windows to certain sizes or disable certain objects like address or navigational bars.

Last edited by Royal Fool; 12-01-2004 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:37 PM   #22
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Well, I guess you could just go to clusty.com if you don't like toolbars. But buggy? I haven't encountered any bugs.
Try the highlighting... a few times in a row

BTW. hasn't anyone else thought of search clustering before? Man, I'd love to see that implemented in a programming IDE. "find in files" is often the best tool to get to know other peoples' code, but it would be so much better, if you could perform meta-searches on the results and cluster them...

Old 12-02-2004, 04:28 PM   #23
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki
BTW. hasn't anyone else thought of search clustering before? Man, I'd love to see that implemented in a programming IDE. "find in files" is often the best tool to get to know other peoples' code, but it would be so much better, if you could perform meta-searches on the results and cluster them...
I believe it's been tried before, but Vivisimo has by far the best clustering technology to date.

mag