You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2004, 07:04 AM   #1

Default Hello!!

Hi People, how is it going?, I am a newbie around here, and I am just saying hi ^_^, I am from Argentina (we speak spanish here), and I am a fan of adventure games (obviously)...

EDIT:I don't know if this is legal, but I am gonna post a link of a page dedicated entirely to adventure games (In spanish) but with ISO games (CD version) like Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis V. CD...(with voices and digital effects/music)....this game is en english...and is the first of many 'as they said'..

Well I think there will be lots who will like it, I'll step by every day around here..
Good bye!!

[link removed] (I honestly have nothing to do with this page)

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 06-18-2004 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:13 AM   #2
Mostly absent

It's not "legal". It's in fact against the forum rules and pretty soon a mod will delete that link of yours.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:30 AM   #3
merely human

Welcome to the community, Adventurer X. I moved this thread to Chit Chat so more of us will see your introduction can meet you. You can talk about adventures games proper in the main Adventure part of these forums (where you originally posted this thread).

As for your link, I have no knowledge of that language, but basically we can't allow links to warez games and warez sites, and anything containing 'naughtiness' (sexually suggestive or explicit material, etc.). So, I'll have to edit it until you can translate it for me and I'll decide if it's fine for the community in general. You can PM me if you want. Enjoy your stay!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-18-2004, 08:06 AM   #4

Well, sorry about it, but is not an Illegal page ....Is just legal abandon, nothing new or in stores ..Sorry again ..
Old 06-18-2004, 08:17 AM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

We can't post links here to downloads even if the game's not available in stores anymore. In most cases, games that are available as "abandonware" have not been legally released for download by the person who owns the copyright. It's illegal the same way photocopying a book is illegal... not necessarily something the police are going to bang down your door over, but still not legal. So AdventureGamers doesn't allow links to games for download (unless they've actually been released by the copyright holder, in which case they are "freeware".) That's just a rule we follow here.

Don't worry about it - you didn't know.

Welcome to the board!

emily
Old 06-18-2004, 08:18 AM   #6
Mostly absent

Actually some of those games are still in stores and their not abandonware so the site is illegal.
But it's not a big deal that you posted a link to the site, I mean half of the people here don't even understand what is written on those pages.
Oh, and welcome.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:40 AM   #7

Well guys, they say there (in spanish) that their only porpouse is to make people enjoy the adventures that are so important to them, and that brings them a lot of memories...They are very sentimentals whit them, VERY, they talk about nostlagic thing and memories...
They say that for that reason the downloads are for anyone, not to registered users...
Their only porpouse is to make the GA arrive to a lot of hands, who don't know them....Well excuse my english please...

GA FOR EVER (what a frikie)
Old 06-18-2004, 08:47 AM   #8
merely human

Well, however noble their intentions, it seems they forgot that some of the games are still owned by companies, and until those companies decide to officially release them as freeware it really is still illegal. If they really do care about this they would have done their research and be more selective about what they post.

Anyway, Adventurer X, if you know of any legal adventure gaming site, Spanish or otherwise, that deserves attention, please share.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-18-2004, 11:28 AM   #9

Understood, I will....

And....hmmm, why my post counter is still in 0??

Adios..
Old 06-18-2004, 11:37 AM   #10
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Your post count is still 0 because this thread was moved to the Chit Chat forum, and Chit Chat posts don't count.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:40 AM   #11
merely human

Right. Since you're an adventure fan, X, why not talk about your favourite games in the Adventure part of this forum (or if it's not adventure, talk about it in General gaming forum). That way your post counts will go up. Besides, stick around often enough and we'll create a special thread just for you when your birthday comes up .
Old 06-18-2004, 07:03 PM   #12
Citizen of Bizarro World

Wow, I hadn't realized this before, but these forums really have a steep learning curve! :eek: Here's a guy saying hello, and every subsequent post is meant to educate him on how to post & where etc.

Let's let the man relax a bit, open a can of beer and just chill out. 8-)

Hm...I was gonna say something in Spanish now, but I know it'd be wrong.

Ah, yes--Corrona!

Enjoy your stay.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 06-18-2004, 09:15 PM   #13
merely human

CHILECONCARNEEEEEE!!!!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:44 PM   #14
Citizen of Bizarro World

Does that mean beans & meat?
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 06-18-2004, 11:23 PM   #15
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Now, this is a very clever Doppelganger right there...
Old 06-19-2004, 02:36 AM   #16
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

Is that a pic from Beyond Good and Evil 2? Or at least, something they provided to try and sway us into believing that it will be released?

My (not so well designed) bowling website, complete with pictures from our golden pin victory!

C'MON!!!!!!